I AM so BORED...

Registered
Buenos Aires isnt a boring place by far, and I have to say I absolutely love it here. But I have been here for 3 weeks already and I am having the darnedest time finding friends that party and work hard...

I just find myself doing everything by my self and the few ppl I do know, go to bed early are very reserved(ie, dont really drink and dont like staying in the club that long). And I want to see the entire city and outside areas within this 2.5 more months that I am here... I also need to work on my spanish, but am not fluent enough to have conversations with the locals...

The people your with and the people you meet always make the experience... and my experience is not going as great as I planned... What is a girl to do??:confused:

~LadyBehindtheCurtain.blogspot.com

Come to the BBQ tomorrow and meet some new friends! I'm expecting about 20 or 30 folks so come on out!

We'd love to meet ya!

Best Regards,

David

http://baexpats.org/expat-events/6181-bbq-sunday-9-20-a.html#post37574

Karma said:
Buenos Aires isnt a boring place by far, and I have to say I absolutely love it here. But I have been here for 3 weeks already and I am having the darnedest time finding friends that party and work hard...

I just find myself doing everything by my self and the few ppl I do know, go to bed early are very reserved(ie, dont really drink and dont like staying in the club that long). And I want to see the entire city and outside areas within this 2.5 more months that I am here... I also need to work on my spanish, but am not fluent enough to have conversations with the locals...

The people your with and the people you meet always make the experience... and my experience is not going as great as I planned... What is a girl to do??:confused:

Thanks Karma I cannot get back to BsAs this year, but your video put me right back there on the subte. I think I remeber this group, but there are so many down there I could be wrong.:D

Karma - I'm not sure how old you are, but try looking at some of the Facebook groups in Buenos Aires. There are a lot for pub crawls, student parties, etc. Some are Hype, The Buenos Aires Pub Crawl, etc. They could be a good place to meet people. Also, Sugar is a big expat bar in Palermo that is always good for meeting people.

Let me know if you need any other advice.

Karma said:
I also need to work on my spanish, but am not fluent enough to have conversations with the locals...

Lady Behind the Curtain,

I find that the people that I enjoy the most here, are the people that are here in this country that Spanish is not their first language. So we struggle or help each other in our Spanish but also find other ways to communicate with each other.

A mi no me encanta with the people in general in the city of Buenos Aires. There does not seem to be a kindness in the people for strangers "in my experience" in the city over the last 15 months. But the people here that are struggling to make a living and find a life are the ones that I find that give me smiles and happiness in this noisy and crazy city. Those people are from Peru, Columbia, Paraguay, China, Russia, and Bolivia.

I also find kindness in the homeless people that are growing in number in the streets of the city. They appreciate the little kindness(2 pesos, a hot coffee or sandwich) that is shown to them. I find that people(the people of Buenos Aires) in the city adopt them in the sense they are welcomed and helped in trying to survive. (I have an experience with a woman that has been living on the same street corner(Medrano y Tucuman) for the last year and the same block for the last 3 years. She is accepted even though she has mental problems.)

There is a lot that this city has to offer but it depends where we look and what we are looking for. I am not preaching about what is right or wrong for people in search of their happiness or fun. But just trying to point out areas where we might find happiness and satisfaction in looking in places that we might not have thought to look before.

Good luck in finding "your" happiness here.

Besos

White Male

For work on your Spanish, have you thought about going to SPANGLISH?

www.SpanglishBA.com

For expat bars, you've got Sugar, El Alamo, Casa Bar, Milion, and Bar 6 (somewhat).

For wine tastings, you can check out 0800-VINO. Become a Facebook friend of 0800-VINO and find out about wine tastings with various bodegas around Argentina. There's usually about a AR$25-AR$30 charge for the tastings that applies towards any purchase that night.

Look up: Cero Ochocientos Vino, friend C.O.V. and then look for notes about upcoming tastings.

Want to hit an "after office" that's not "All Boludos, All The Time"? I don't know how old you are, but the work space "areatres" (area tres) has been having Wednesday evening after offices with a weekly theme/speaker to mix, mingle, network, and see their place.

http://areatresworkplace.com/

This is just a sample. There is so much to do in this town that it's ridiculous. I went to a writers' group coffee & chat/book swap this afternoon and I don't even read that much. It's just something to do and a way to meet more people. Put in a little effort and you'll find you're having to turn down offers in no time.

suerte chica

Karma said:
...(ie, dont really drink and dont like staying in the club that long). And I want to see the entire city and outside areas within this 2.5 more months that I am here... ...?:confused:

Hi,

I took the liberty of going to your blog and see that you are a young woman, maybe in your 20's?

I have a son, he is 23 (local, ie, Argentinian) who has a huge group of friends and acquaintances that go every single weekend to clubs in Olivos and Palermo, among others. Also, my nephew is 29 and his friends are about his age up to, maybe, 32.

If you are interested, I could try and make a connection.

Please PM me and let me know.

Back