I AM so BORED...

Karma said:
Buenos Aires isnt a boring place by far, and I have to say I absolutely love it here. But I have been here for 3 weeks already and I am having the darnedest time finding friends that party and work hard...

I just find myself doing everything by my self and the few ppl I do know, go to bed early are very reserved(ie, dont really drink and dont like staying in the club that long). And I want to see the entire city and outside areas within this 2.5 more months that I am here... I also need to work on my spanish, but am not fluent enough to have conversations with the locals...

The people your with and the people you meet always make the experience... and my experience is not going as great as I planned... What is a girl to do

~LadyBehindtheCurtain.blogspot.com

LadyBehindtheCurtain,

Pretend that you are interested in buying real estate. I guarantee you that you will receive more invitations and get more attention than you know what to do with! Really.

Wow, well thank you to all who have responded thus far. Your suggestions are most interesting and I will definitely take them into consideration. I have been having fun as of lately... the hardest part is finding Argentine friends!! But Buenos Aires is definitely a phenomenal place and thank you too all who reached out to me to make my experience better!!

Besos... Karma

LadyBehindtheCurtain.blogspot.com

A couple of things:

1) At a restaurant called "Cilantro" today from 3pm-7pm

Espacio de DISEÑO
Una Feria diferente

Host: Nanu Remy. Laura Andrea Todoni. Cilantro
Type: Retail
Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009
Time: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Street: Anchorena 1122
Phone: 49662941

Cilantro

Espacio de Diseño

El Sábado 10 de Octubre
Vas a poder (re)descubrir el diseño
Vení a Sorprenderte…

Diseñadores de Indumentaria
Diseñadores de Accesorios
Objetos de Decoración
Diseño Gourmet

Te esperamos en Anchorena 1122 (Barrio Norte)
De 15 a 19 hs.

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=1250909113869#/event.php?eid=139181251511

2) Exposición de Autos Antiguas en San Isidro (Hipódromo)

This totally bitchin' auto show of immaculately maintained old cars is going on from Friday to Monday (Oct 9th - Oct 12th) at the Hipódromo de San Isidro.

http://www.ohbuenosaires.com/weblog/exposicion-autos-motos-antigua-autoclasica2009

In fact, this is so cool, I'll probably just start a new thread.

/entertainment/6491-autocla-sica-2009-antique-cars-exhibition.html

Suerte todos

You can change your karma, Karma!! Try the Club Europeo. Mondays (except holidays) and Tuesdays are English conversation nights. Great to meet and understand local people, and join in on their social activities.

Wednesdays is Spanish practice for foreign visitors.
Every other Thursday is a great After Office party from 7pm till 11pm, very civilized schedule by local standards.

After a few events you will find yourself integrating into groups of new friends.
You don´t need to be a member, although membership gets you discounts and benefits.

www.clubeuropeo.com

There´s only time till December, so make up your mind soon, because as a typical "downtown club", it closes January for summer vacation.

Back