I arrive next thursdya and i have question about taxi fares...

xohmyx

Registered
Hi

Like the topic says im arriving next thursday and the people i booked my apartment through al booked me a car service to take me from the airport to the hotel. i have to pay something like $160AR when i get to the kiosk thing at the airport, and i was wondering if sinc ei pay cash there, do i have to then pay the driver as well when he drops me off at my apartment like i would with an ordinary cab fare? or is the money i paid earlier at the kiosk cover that?

it probably sounds like a silly question but i have no idea!!

(and just so i know how long does it take to drive from the airport to palermo area?)

**and by thursdya i of course me thursday! :p

No. If you're paying for the Taxi at the airport, you don't need to pay again at the end. Airport to capital is about 40 minutes ish

xohmyx said:
Hi

Like the topic says im arriving next thursday and the people i booked my apartment through al booked me a car service to take me from the airport to the hotel. i have to pay something like $160AR when i get to the kiosk thing at the airport, and i was wondering if sinc ei pay cash there, do i have to then pay the driver as well when he drops me off at my apartment like i would with an ordinary cab fare? or is the money i paid earlier at the kiosk cover that?

it probably sounds like a silly question but i have no idea!!

(and just so i know how long does it take to drive from the airport to palermo area?)

**and by thursdya i of course me thursday! :p
out of interest,who did you book with?hotel etc..:rolleyes:

ok thank you for clearing that up for me :)

and

HowardinBA said:
out of interest,who did you book with?hotel etc..:rolleyes:

I booked my apartment online through http://www.bytargentina.com and when it came to the part were i had to confirm everything there was a part asking me if i wanted a car to pick me up and i ticked 'yes' and they arranged it for me

xohmyx said:
ok thank you for clearing that up for me :)

and

I booked my apartment online through http://www.bytargentina.com and when it came to the part were i had to confirm everything there was a part asking me if i wanted a car to pick me up and i ticked 'yes' and they arranged it for me

I've done this about 5 times - Booked via byt and prebooked a taxi. It has always worked well. The prebooked taxi kiosks are on the left just as you get out of the customs hall. The prebooked price includes the tip. After you tell them that you have prebooked and they get your name, they then wave at you to get you to go round the other side of the kiosk - to do this you exit the doors and circle back. This was the only confusing part for me - the waving and circling back because you cannot quite see how you are supposed to get there. Everything else was routine. This must sound a bit garbled. PM me if you need a more detailed explanation about anything.

Back