I Don't Say Anything About Your Blue Leopard Print Stretch Pants

I think manners distinguish us from animals...a little discretion in public speaks volumes for our evolution. It may be a natural instinct to stare, scratch your crotch, pick your nose, eat your lice and belch loudly...but over centuries evolution and civil codes have taught us that less pleasant natural urges can be controlled to favor a more pleasant living environment...ditto staring. I don't say "Grow up". I say "Evolve".,.and in any case the worse female starers are so obviously scarily insecure dependant types. The real Argentine beauties are too busy flicking their hair and pouting.

fifs2 said:
I think manners distinguish us from animals...a little discretion in public speaks volumes for our evolution. It may be a natural instinct to stare, scratch your crotch, pick your nose, eat your lice and belch loudly...but over centuries evolution and civil codes have taught us that less pleasant natural urges can be controlled to favor a more pleasant living environment...ditto staring. I don't say "Grow up". I say "Evolve".,.and in any case the worse female starers are so obviously scarily insecure dependant types. The real Argentine beauties are too busy flicking their hair and pouting.

Well I stare and my husband likes to scratch his crotch so I guess we're the perfect animal match!

I confess I like to scratch also and my (Argentine) girlfriend just stares and says something like ''ciasco'' (or however it is said) but when you need to scratch...

allcraz said:
Flip flops just automatically say tourist. And I'm curious if any tourists/expats really do continue wearing them after a week or so after seeing how disgustingly dirty their feet get?

http://castellanowotd.blogspot.com/2009/09/screaming-usofa-in-flip-flops.html
I can't agree with this statement. In the summertime you're hard pressed to see any (non-professionally dressed) people in town NOT wearing the ubiquitous Havainas flip flops during the warmer months (which personally always look very uncomfortable to me but friends swear by them).

As to the dirty feet, well, feet get equally dirty in any kind of open toed shoe, but I'll bear washing my feet when I get home to have the relief that being nearly-barefoot in the heat affords me! Socks/shoes in summer = stifling!

I'm still wearing flip flops myself lol. I compromise though - I wear socks with them too:)

hahhaa omg this thread is so funny! i thought they were staring at me cause im hot ! and maybe they hate what im wearing! too funny ... im going back next week... cant wait to have a stare bear competition! :)

Back