I hate the bikes

sergio

Registered
I hate the bike lanes. I forget about them and start to cross when there are no cars. Then a bike streaks by nearly hitting me. Riders often disregard traffic lights. They seldom ring bells. How many people have been hit by them? I'll bet many elderly people have had their hips broken. They seem more dangerous than cars and buses. Now I'm sure I've started a controversy and will be told how wrong I am.....

I hate cars. I'm riding in my bike lane and cross when I've got plenty of time to do that. Then a car drives by doing 90 mph and swearing at me. Car drivers serially disregard rules for yielding, yes including bikes. They think they own the road. They hit young and old alike. And they try to explain to me that I'm the dangerous one.

Now I'm sure I've started a controversy and will be told how wrong I am!

I hate pedestrians who step out into a clearly marked (theres a damn cement curb) bike lanes without looking causing me to almost crash into them. I don't have a bell so I usually just yell "pelotudo"

It's pretty bad here, but these things occur in first-world cities as well.
Cyclist ought to observe the same rules of the road as motorists even in the bike lanes. Pedestrians ought to observe pedestrian rules. I've seen dogs on the street that behave better than motorists, motorcyclists, cyclists, or pedestrians!
The general rule on the street is that rules don't apply; people just do what they want without regard to what's going on around them.This cowboy attitude makes it impossible to get from A to B without danger and inconvenience.

You must understand that a certain percentage of the population here has mastered the mental illness of being oblivious to what the hell they are doing. A result many pay the high penatly of death due to this unique form of Argentinian mental illness.

You must understand that a certain percentage of the population here has mastered the mental illness of being oblivious to what the hell they are doing. A result many pay the high penatly of death due to this unique form of Argentinian mental illness.
How much would anyones life be affected by having to deal with a fatal accident? Guilt of causing death? The burden of proof one has to bear when involved? Someone not able to follow rules obliges everyone else to be part of their mental illness.
Argentina is rife with being 'OBLIGATED' more than anywhere else ...ever! Seems like sort of social Marxism - everyone is equally guilty and insane.

I love when people walk from the side of a dumpster to jay walk cross the street. A bicyclist has no way of being forewarned and could easily hit these fools.
And speaking of dumpsters, which seem to be multiplying like rabbits. Often, it's impossible to see oncoming bike traffic with the dumpster located on the bike lanes
When bicyclists reach their destination, very often it''s impossible to find a place to lock the bike, as there is a trash receptacle on every pole. (That was not a Pole-ish joke.I guess you're too young to remember those)..

Back