I Have A Problem...

D.B. Cooper

Registered
I just found out that I have a Turtle Dove nesting in one of the flower pots in my balcony. They usually nest in the balcony below me.
I'm flattered that the little critter chose my balcony of all places. Spring starts next week and I look forward to sitting outside & having a few beers.
So I don't know if I should chase it away now or wait until the little chicks are born. The bird is not on an endangered species list or anything.
But I think it's really cool to watch the whole thing happen in front of me.

http://www.auctiva.c...ormat=0&lgdin=1

Well,... I don't want to chase it away intentionally, but If I open the balcony door they're going to get spooked & fly away.
It's a small balcony. So I guess I can't use the balcony until the birds are fully grown. (?!!!)

I have a balcony so small that only one person can stand on it at a time, and I have had two nests at once in my planters- and the birds dont seem to care, as long as I dont reach in and touch anything.
Leave em alone, and they should be fine.
these are tough city birds, not wimpy country birds.
they have seen it all.

Just make sure that a stray cat doesn't get at them because if you have to protect them from that predator you will instantly become an internet pariah

Just make sure that a stray cat doesn't get at them because if you have to protect them from that predator you will instantly become an internet pariah

only if you spray said cat with bug spray like a moron.

Back