I Have Overstayed 90 Day Visa... Is It Better To Pay Fine Or

Thanks!!

I guess my main concern is getting back in.
Nobody I have heard from or about during the last five years (including myself w/ 3 overstays) have had problems returning because of previous overstays - provided they had a ticket ;)

I overstayed a 90 day visa due to being unable to travel after surgery. At Ezeiza, the airline (Air France) would not check me in until I sorted the visa issue. I went to Immigrations with my various bits of paper and offered my justification but they were not interested in explanations, so I paid the 300 pesos. Seems to me that there is a law and the process is transparent: if you overstay, you pay the fine. The rule applies to everyone - what´s to complain about?

Quite frankly people should be more respectful of local immigration law. It's just so easy and friendly here. What would CBP or UK or any Euro Immigration do if anyone overstays their welcome. I've heard we impose things as severe as 10 year bans in the US for overstays. About the 300 bucks, probably he just doesn't remember or he did it with a totally different exchange rate.

The only difference is those countries make it clear.
Here there is no clarity on the matter.

18 months ago no was bothered if you overstayed. Now its all 'oh how bad are you for over staying and leeching off this poor country'.
Is the country any better for these controls? No?

CBT is not a place. I mentioned CBP (Customs and Border Protection) as the main immigration authority in the US. I realize this is not the US, Europe, or even Australia, hence we get to live here without doing any of the residency paperwork. What would a french immigration agent do if someone tried leave the Eurozone for a few hours and come back trying to pull the permatourist card. How many times do can you do Colonia runs until someone even asks a question? My point is, very little is asked from us, it just makes little sense, especially for first timers.

On top of that you don't need to apologize to me.

You don't get it do you?

Back