I leave the US for BsAs on Thursday!!! (packing question)

Forget the expensive Blackberry....too much of a target for theft...stick w/ a in-expensive pay-as-you-go phone. I know too many people on their 3rd and 4th phones due to theft!:(

I guess therefore preparing for that theft by copying all your numbers somewhere is also a rather good idea!

A great idea is to take a photocopy of your passport main page...shrink it down to wallet size and plastify it....! You can also do this w/ important phone numbers etc....this way all original doc's can be left in a safe place...!

:rolleyes:

:) bring a lot of patience and tolerance. Bring your sense of humor. A simple phone is all you need really. Otherwise, your adventure starts with your frame of mind, good luck and have fun.

If you want to stay in touch with people in the US/Canada/some counties in Europe order a Vonage phone service device in the US and bring it with you. You will need to have internet and a computer. I have a Vonage device with a US number...and I can call free to the USA, Canada, Spain, Italy, England and a few other places. Also, folks in the US can call me without dialing an international number. I actually have two numbers - one in Florida and one in Pennsylvania, so for those folks, it's a local call to reach me in Buenos Aires.

Second thing is a device called Magic Jack. It plugs into the USB port on your computer and then you plug a phone into it and call the US for free. This costs $40 to get,and then $20 a year. You can also use head phones if you wish.

I have both and they work well, nice and clear.

Back