I Need Cell Phone Advice...

I'd go with the iPhone. I've been using one since 2010 and have had the 5 since January and couldn't
be happier with it. I bought it unlocked from Apple and have used it in Canada, Russia, Morocco, Italy,
and now here in Argentina.

The only issue seems to be some sort of data problem when trying to use the 5 on Movistar though
Movistar truly is the worst of the worst.

Either way you should buy an iPhone and bring it back to sell it, that is unless you're an Argie then
the spoils shall go to AFIP/customs because no iPhone para todos no iPhone para vos.

I hope you have an iphone 4S and not a 4, otherwise you're phone is going to be killed off by Apple in the next 6 mos. That's why I got sick of Apple, you pay almost 1000 bucks for an unlocked version and they phase it out within 2 years -- when contracts in Canada were all 3 years a lot of people were getting to the end of their contract and their phone was already off the market. It means no app updates for you, so you may want to sell that thing while it's worth some cash still and move on!

Speaking of which... I have an iPhone 3GS I'd like to unload, any offers, wahahahaha...
Updates have to do with the operating system, not the hardware, no?. I've been updating my operating systems all along and my apps have been updating according to the operating system. I've had no problem upgrading anything. My phone is from Personal, bought it here back in the good old days when we could buy iPhones here from Personal. ,

As Ejcot says, with Android you just add a language.
In my case you can swipe type and it recognises both languages which is really clever stuff.

Updates have to do with the operating system, not the hardware, no?. I've been updating my operating systems all along and my apps have been updating according to the operating system. I've had no problem upgrading anything. My phone is from Personal, bought it here back in the good old days when we could buy iPhones here from Personal. ,

Not quite, Apple chooses which models of phones it will release iOS upgrades for. They control when to end your model's lifespan, not you! This is the same on any Android phone as well I should say, it's just that Androids do tend to offer longer support for older models, and they tend to be slightly, if not a whole lot cheaper. What happens is they come out with a new version of the iOS and decide which models they will release the update for -- if you've got an older model then you're out of luck. The problem then is a domino effect, since your model won't support the new iOS, when all of your apps come out with upgrades that function for the new iOS (I'm sure you got a whole bunch of updates on apps) you can no longer get updates -- and you can't purchase any new apps either because they aren't compatible with your old system. So that's why I laughed when I said I have a 3GS to unload -- whoever buys it is stuck with the apps that are already on there, they won't be able to add any new ones.

So it will probably end up becoming a very expensive toy for my toddler, at least until I can no longer upload any vids to it (especially because with all the updates to iTunes the 3GS will no longer be able to connect to drag stuff over on to it -- because guess what, the new versions of iTunes are only compatible with the new iOS etc etc -- see how they manage to shut you out so that you are forced onto a new model?)

Anyway for the time being the 3GS is basically a good youtube video player. After living here for so long it actually kind of disgusts me how fast these phones got phased out -- they barely even made it to some markets and they were already killed off by Apple. It's all part of maintaining the exclusivity of their brand I suppose, but it creates an awful lot of plastic garbage really fast.

Thanks syngirl, for getting me up to speed on the business of planned obsolescence! But if Apple is really such a testy bastard, why does it have such a loyal base? Especially if obsolescence is the name of its game? Don't think that would do a lot for customer loyalty...and that is supposed to be one of its market sectors!

Not quite, Apple chooses which models of phones it will release iOS upgrades for. They control when to end your model's lifespan, not you! This is the same on any Android phone as well I should say, it's just that Androids do tend to offer longer support for older models ...

I don't want to come across as a fanboy--god knows I use plenty of non-Apple products, as well as Apple products--but I do disagree with this assessment. Whether or not an older model of smartphone (regardless of platform) is compatible with an OS update is chiefly dependent on the hardware. And in that light Apple actually has a good record. For example, one of my phones is a 3.5 year old iPhone 4 (like lacoqueta's) and it's running the new OS (iOS7) just fine. That's the third OS update since it was new. Since there won't be another one for about another year, even if the phone won't support that one, it'll still be 4.5 years old by that time. Although there are many great Android phones, there is also a lot more fragmentation in that market when it comes to OSes, with some phones being sold without the latest release, or that become unable to run the latest release quicker than iPhone.

The original poster said his main concern was a good quality camera and in that regard iPhone still leads the pack. Don't take my word for it, both independent reviewers like Tom's Hardware and photography buff sites like What Digital Camera agree.

Thanks syngirl, for getting me up to speed on the business of planned obsolescence! But if Apple is really such a testy bastard, why does it have such a loyal base? Especially if obsolescence is the name of its game? Don't think that would do a lot for customer loyalty...and that is supposed to be one of its market sectors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdkeMpN8hOI

I also have an iPhone 4 and while I have noticed some apps require 4s or above it seems they are for apps that use some feature that is only available for the new models. Regardless it's not like your phone will stop working it's just you won't be able to download certain apps. However I don't really understand why if you have an app already that the upgrade would require you to have a newer version but I don't know enough about it to say for sure. My plan is to keep my current phone until it goes kaput and then I'll upgrade to most likely an iPhone just because most of my friends and family have them so I can do the free texting with wifi without having to use another app. Only thing that breaks my heart is that my current verizon contract is legit unlimited data and when I upgrade it won't be anymore as that plan doesn't exist anymore :(

make sure it does the argy frequencies.
http://www.gsmarena....untry=ARGENTINA
I bought a Nexus 7 here in the U.S. and signed up for t-mobile because they recently initiated free international data roaming.
You only get 2g speeds when you use it overseas.
Looking at your link, and at the specs for the N7, I get an idea why.
The version of the nexus 7 sold in the States doesn't cover the UTMS bands.

Back