I Need Cell Phone Advice...

I had an iPhone 3G (circa 2009) and the os had reached its limit and couldn't be upgraded.
Skype then tried to update itself, but couldn't as I would have needed the newer OS which couldn't install on the phone either.
So my existing Skype no longer worked and I ditched the phone for a Galaxy S3.
Why do so many people upgrade their iPhones so frequently?
Because they've become slaves to the machine, which is exactly what Apple would like them to be.

Johnnie, I also know very little about cell phones. Neither my husband nor I have smart phones, but that is changing come Christmas. Our excuse is honestly our baby. We'd like to be able to be in touch faster (and without worrying about credit), not just with each other but with my family in the States (i.e. Grandma and Grandpa). Anyway (yes, I need to rationalize the purchase!), we are pretty sure we're going to buy the iPhone, mostly because of resell value here. And then do what I do with our electronics every time we travel - just update there and sell the "old" one (normally a year old) here. You end up getting it for free (and then some) in the end - taking into account it never gets stolen - and you always have the newest version. My point is, if you're here long-term, I think this is a great option.

HTC comes to Argentina this November, the phone will probably cost at least 2-3x as much here. They're making really nice phones, they just aren't as well known as Samsung or Apple

Thanks for the info. Looks nice! Although it doesn't look like they're coming after all: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1633995-finalmente-el-htc-one-no-se-vendera-en-la-argentina

How easy is it to unlock an iphone in BA?
There are some good deals onncraigslist nyc.

+1 on the iPhone ;=)

I have an iPhone 5S on Claro and it works well. I have Skype on it and do video conference all the time even on the road, and it works relatively well with the wireless network. Just make sure it is unlocked when you bring yours.

However, I think you can tell from the other posts, that this is just a matter of personal preference. Both Android and iOS will do well here.

Back