I Need To Send Money Home.

searchandbuild

Registered
So, my little sister needs some money to contribute to the payment plan her university has provided for her. We're from NYC and I'd like to send her the equivalent of 5,000 US Dollars. If I go to Western Union can I just send her the money at the official rate? I don't have a bank account. I don't conduct my business "en blanco" in the US or anywhere really. Thanks in advance.

As far as the official rate goes I think you're sol. Best bet would be a cueva.

Tough spot. I just brought some cash to the US for an Argentine friend who sold a house there. This might be your only option if you can trust someone to do this.

Some folks have talked about using banks in Uruguay, but you'd have to open an account for that.

None of the above is right, you can send up to 1500 usd per month as family help throught bank tranfer without so much of a hasle at the oficial rate +6-8 %.

None of the above is right, you can send up to 1500 usd per month as family help throught bank tranfer without so much of a hasle at the oficial rate +6-8 %.

Your info is correct. To send money to a relative abroad you need Permanent residency (at least), a bank account here, `proof of the relation, and the recipient must have a bank account....!! banks enforce the criteria differently. However a tourist with no bank acct, can not make use of this benefit...!!

Best bet is to buy the dollars at Blue rate and have someone wire transfer the money to the party abroad.

Your info is correct. To send money to a relative abroad you need Permanent residency (at least), a bank account here, `proof of the relation, and the recipient must have a bank account....!! banks enforce the criteria differently. However a tourist with no bank acct, can not make use of this benefit...!!

Best bet is to buy the dollars at Blue rate and have someone wire transfer the money to the party abroad.

Wait where do they say that they are turist? almost all the fact make it look like they are working here, and if they are turist why is that they have their saves and income in pesos and if they were just turist wouldn't they had their dollars in an account abroad and not in pesos in the country?, i don't know but with the info provided it look like they are working here and getting an income in pesos and if they don't at least they have the info in case any of them have a proper visa to do it.

Lamarque...!! well if one reads carefully the
Wait where do they say that they are turist? almost all the fact make it look like they are working here, and if they are turist why is that they have their saves and income in pesos and if they were just turist wouldn't they had their dollars in an account abroad and not in pesos in the country?, i don't know but with the info provided it look like they are working here and getting an income in pesos and if they don't at least they have the info in case any of them have a proper visa to do it.

If one takes a couple of seconds to read carefully the original posting!!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I don't have a[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] bank account. [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I don't conduct my business [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"en blanco" i[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]n the [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]US or anywhere really[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]. [/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I[/background]

Someone working in NEGRO here that doesn't have a bank account anywhere, could he be a permanent resident???
Someone that HAD a bank account in the USA in dollars WHY would he be asking the question ?

Lamarque...!! well if one reads carefully the

If one takes a couple of seconds to read carefully the original posting!!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I don't have a[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] bank account. [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I don't conduct my business [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"en blanco" i[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]n the [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]US or anywhere really[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]. [/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I[/background]

Someone working in NEGRO here that doesn't have a bank account anywhere, could he be a permanent resident???
Someone that HAD a bank account in the USA in dollars WHY would he be asking the question ?

True, didn't read that part not sure if i was distracted or what lol, still he have a couple that could be in condition to do it and still the information dont heart any one :p

Back