I Passed My Motorcycle Test Today

Nice looking bike.

Ditto.... I have wondered about getting a bike license in Arg since we are going back. But the way they drive around here sorta makes me think twice about it.

Actually, I'm glad I didn't think about it too long, especially when you listen to the horror stories.
If you can put up with the other drivers, give them space, drive defensively and constantly be on the alert, it's a walk in the park.
The main advantages are...
Getting from A to B much quicker than a car.
Parking is much easier.
General costs are much lower.
Often there are no tolls when you get outside BA.
Being out in the fresh air.
It's often very exhilarating.

Your asking allot from a guy that got hit by a car down here. And yes I survived and fully recovered but there is no feeling I have experienced that compares to the feeling of getting sucked under a car. Your head starts telling you.. you are dead. I got lucky I am very careful since that event believe me.

Actually, I'm glad I didn't think about it too long, especially when you listen to the horror stories.
If you can put up with the other drivers, give them space, drive defensively and constantly be on the alert, it's a walk in the park.
The main advantages are...
Getting from A to B much quicker than a car.
Parking is much easier.
General costs are much lower.
Often there are no tolls when you get outside BA.
Being out in the fresh air.
It's often very exhilarating.

All very true bikes are great in allot of ways.

Your asking allot from a guy that got hit by a car down here. And yes I survived and fully recovered but there is no feeling I have experienced that compares to the feeling of getting sucked under a car. Your head starts telling you.. you are dead. I got lucky I am very careful since that event believe me.

In my wildest of dreams, I can't imagine, Arnold being hit by a car!

Pedestrian, motorist or on a bike when you were hit by a car?
My biggest bug bears are car drivers not bothering to look when they pull out, using mobiles when driving and slicing across two lanes of motorway to get to the exit which they think they'll miss because they were texting or whatever. For that reason alone, the middle lane is safer.

Pedestrian, motorist or on a bike when you were hit by a car?
My biggest bug bears are car drivers not bothering to look when they pull out, using mobiles when driving and slicing across two lanes of motorway to get to the exit which they think they'll miss because they were texting or whatever. For that reason alone, the middle lane is safer.

I was hit waiting to cross the street on a corner from behind in Punta Del Este I could not hear the car coming because of the traffic and a classic case of the driver not paying attention. I suspect a cell phone to be honest. But I got very lucky I was able to get myself out from the car when I felt my legs start going under that car and then push myself back onto the hood and then rolled off the hood to the side of the car. Had some issues with my lower back for about year but all seems to be better now. I think you wont have any issues I am sure you are an educated rider. Just have to watch out for people not paying attention to what they are doing. I think you are right the middle lane and I would just watch road crossings thats where the bikers tend to get into issues here, there and everywhere. Drivers pulling out into traffic not really paying attention.

Still bugs me out and ever since I have been looking over my shoulder when I am around any traffic.

Back