I thought i'd ask the people in the "know"

xohmyx

Registered
Hey people.

I've been looking at apartments (for what seems like an incredibly large chunk of my life now) and i've found these 2 places which i kind of like theres this one

http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propview.php?view=3208&tmo=03&tyr=2011#abajo
It says its in/at Sarmiento and Cerrito II

or theres this place

http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propview.php?view=3416&tmo=03&tyr=2011#abajo
In/at Gascon and Av. Corrientes

I was wondering what each of those areas are like?
Im staying in BsAs for one month next April, it will be my first time going im looking for a place thats fairly centrally located but not one thats located right in the middle of "tourist town"...so i dont know what can you guys tell me about those areas? I have found some other places, but these 2 kind of stand out for me.

again any help is really appreciated!:eek:

I would take the one on Gascon and Corrientes without doubt.

Yeah, don't stay at Sarmiento and Cerrito. I live several blocks away (Sarmiento and Rodriguez Peña), and trust me, the area is a hole :eek: It's convenient in that it's close to the subway and many bus lines, but there are few amenities and it's really sketchy at night. Plus, it's a 30-peso taxi ride from Palermo, which will get costly if you plan on doing a lot of dining or bar-hopping in that area. Before I moved into my partner's place here in Centro, I rented in Palermo, and trust me, that neighborhood is much more convenient on a daily basis.

oh ok thanks guys i'll look into the Gascon and Av. Corrientes more seriously then.
Although i found another apartment in that same building and when i contacted the person they seemed to be asking for alot of money straight up before i'd seen the place...which seemed a little odd to me.
I hope this place is not owned by the same person and is just a coincidence there in the same building.

xohmyx said:
oh ok thanks guys i'll look into the Gascon and Av. Corrientes more seriously then.
Although i found another apartment in that same building and when i contacted the person they seemed to be asking for alot of money straight up before i'd seen the place...which seemed a little odd to me.
I hope this place is not owned by the same person and is just a coincidence there in the same building.

Make sure you don't hand out ANY money before you have signed a regular contract!!

Back