I Tried Xoom Today

so i have used xoom twice in increasing amounts - each time was a bit of a hassle requiring calls to their San Francisco number, but eventually got it worked out (including sending a screen shot of my bank account) ... today (my third time) I went to the Libertad office and now they - the More office - are asking for a copy of my bank statement (he gave me an email address at moreargentina.com) .. he said they are separate from Xoom and so doesn't matter that they've seen my bank account ... I was uncomfortable giving Xoom my bank info, but this makes me even more uncomfortable - that said, Xoom already has taken the $3000 out of my account ... is this the extra documentation others are talking about, should I cancel (and hopefully get the refund!), or is this safe .. thanks for the advice in advance
It smells fishy to me bu I'm not sure what additional risk you'd have.
Every time you write a check you are giving out your bank account number.
On the other hand, identity thieves are very creative.
Does anyone remember if we gave any add'l personal info when we signed up for Xoom?
Xoom seems to be a reputable business but there are always hackers and greedy employees that sell customer data.
I'd speak to Xoom, first to tell them that its unreasonable for you to have to give your bank info to a local office. If they can't speak to the local office and resolve the problem, then I'd ask them to cancel the transaction.
My local office suggested that I try Latin Express. He says they are much less hassle. You'd have to give them your info but hopefully no one else will get it.
(54.11) 5238.1000
http://www.latexpress.com/contacto.html

Hello any word on the rate that Latin Express gives? It's not on the website from what I can see.

so i have used xoom twice in increasing amounts - each time was a bit of a hassle requiring calls to their San Francisco number, but eventually got it worked out (including sending a screen shot of my bank account) ... today (my third time) I went to the Libertad office and now they - the More office - are asking for a copy of my bank statement (he gave me an email address at moreargentina.com) .. he said they are separate from Xoom and so doesn't matter that they've seen my bank account ... I was uncomfortable giving Xoom my bank info, but this makes me even more uncomfortable - that said, Xoom already has taken the $3000 out of my account ... is this the extra documentation others are talking about, should I cancel (and hopefully get the refund!), or is this safe .. thanks for the advice in advance

I have had to do the same thing. It's probably because you hit the AR$40,000 mark, right. I actually bypassed Xoom's request for info and just took in all the documents about my income and bank statements to MORE and within 15 minutes of them checking stuff, I was set and haven't been asked any more questions since.

Hey all. Saw this post and had a question regarding having to give a bank statement to xoom. What does this exactly mean, anything that should be made aware of and what if you dont have a DNI?

I don't have a DNI either. Over the last 2 1/2 years I've complied with all their requests but went through the local office to show my documents.
Besides maybe 2 or 3 occasions where I had to wait a half hour or them to process the info, I've had no problems so far. I cant say what will happen in the future but so far everything is fine. I appreciate that Xoom takes steps to verify my identity.

I recommend general safety precautions such as watching your bank account carefully and never leaving too much money in it, setting very low thresholds on your credit cards and never accessing any financial info in public.

I love Xoom, and honestly can only sing their praises. I give them my passport, they hand it back with money. There's even an
iPhone App incase anyone was wondering. Sure they make money off of me, but their service is great, and no, they didn't
pay me to write this.

I love Xoom, and honestly can only sing their praises. I give them my passport, they hand it back with money. There's even an
iPhone App incase anyone was wondering. Sure they make money off of me, but their service is great, and no, they didn't
pay me to write this.

I concur.

I tried xoom last week to send me 2,000 uss to my bank account in argentina.. I'm still waiting on the deposit. Everything is already paid (and my account was verified with passport/visa because I was planning to send more in the future), they already took my payment but I'm waiting for the deposit to be made into the bank account. Not a good experience.. so I don't think I'm going to use them another time unless I really need to have money there.

BTW, due to the complaints that I sent them they gave me a coupon code to waive the transaction fee for October 2013. It is: octgive. You can all use it until the end of the month and you will not have to pay any fee.

I've been looking on the site and was curious to know if Xoom works well. It seems everyone has a different experience. If you stay under the 5000 peso limit, can you just go and pick it up with no problems? This is not a case of bank deposit or of sending money to myself, a friend would be wiring me money from their own account. Are people's experiences generally straightforward? I don't want to inconvenience my friend or to have to wait two weeks for the transaction.

I tried xoom last week to send me 2,000 uss to my bank account in argentina.. I'm still waiting on the deposit. Everything is already paid (and my account was verified with passport/visa because I was planning to send more in the future), they already took my payment but I'm waiting for the deposit to be made into the bank account. Not a good experience.. so I don't think I'm going to use them another time unless I really need to have money there.

BTW, due to the complaints that I sent them they gave me a coupon code to waive the transaction fee for October 2013. It is: octgive. You can all use it until the end of the month and you will not have to pay any fee.

Is this the first time you've tried to transfer dollars from your USA account to your Argentine account?

At which bank do you have a DOLLAR account?

I've been looking on the site and was curious to know if Xoom works well. It seems everyone has a different experience. If you stay under the 5000 peso limit, can you just go and pick it up with no problems? This is not a case of bank deposit or of sending money to myself, a friend would be wiring me money from their own account. Are people's experiences generally straightforward? I don't want to inconvenience my friend or to have to wait two weeks for the transaction.

For the past 18 months, I've transferred $500US monthly from my USA account to myself without a problem. It's been more than 5,000 pesos. I get the money in pesos without any problem. A transfer is ready for pickup in 30 minutes with the transaction number and photo ID at a number of locations in the capital. When I reached the 40,000 peso mark, I had to produce bank statements showing the source of funds. The transaction is posted to my account after I receive the money.

Back