I Tried Xoom Today

Xoom held my transaction for 5 days and only after contacting they informed me they wanted to send pasport details to 'their partner' have my phone number (which they already had) and so on. For now Xoom is on hold from my side!

I had an excellent experience with Xoom today.
I cant explain it.
Last time was very bad.
Today was 10 minutes, like earlier visits.

I used a credit card for my last transfer that I have used over 7 times but this time I was hit with a cash advance fee.

Anybody else see their credit cards getting flagged as cash advances when they had not previously?

Saw the xoom rate rocket up 3 cents today! Have to make a transfer within the next week and hopefully 3 more every day until then.

What card did you use? I've used a Chase card before without a cash advance fee. Want to try a Citi card, but they are usually a bit more sensitive about cash advances.

BXpat said:
I used a credit card for my last transfer that I have used over 7 times but this time I was hit with a cash advance fee.

Anybody else see their credit cards getting flagged as cash advances when they had not previously?

Saw the xoom rate rocket up 3 cents today! Have to make a transfer within the next week and hopefully 3 more every day until then.

Apparently Xoom now says the yearly limit is 40000 pesos. They have always worked smooth for us, but this time they keep asking for more and more papers. In the meantime they have had our money for 5 days which makes me extremely uncomfortable. I don´t think we will be using them anymore.

Nikad, were you able to sort this out? I went today and they told me I had reached the limit of 40,000 pesos as well and I needed to provide a copy of my bank statement showing where the money comes from. I don't receive a regular deposit from a job (mostly comes in from Paypal from freelance work), so I'm a little worried if they'll be satisfied with my bank statement.

Nikad, were you able to sort this out? I went today and they told me I had reached the limit of 40,000 pesos as well and I needed to provide a copy of my bank statement showing where the money comes from. I don't receive a regular deposit from a job (mostly comes in from Paypal from freelance work), so I'm a little worried if they'll be satisfied with my bank statement.

Yeah, That's exactly what happened with me. I ended up speaking with a manager in the back and showing him my bank statement right on his computer and he said he mainly needed something with my name on it that showed I had the money there, really frustrating because the way my bank was set up online my name doesn't appear anywhere, just the account numbers. He "made an exception" and took a print out of that since me and my fiance were causing quite a stink, he was really nice about it but not sure what would happen if I tried another transfer? Any experiences after this point?

I got my money in 10 minutes today. I've been transferring from my bank account in Fla with only one bad experience. I've never shown anything but a passport. I wish we understood their rules better.

I wish we understood their rules better.

Right? It's hard cause it isn't up to More Money, the manager was really apologetic because Xoom just approves everything through and doesn't warn the client of whether AFIP has changed the law that will require more documentation (i.e. bank statements, proof of job). He says so much just gets dumped in his lap because xoom just wants to process it through and get their commission. Who knows.

so i have used xoom twice in increasing amounts - each time was a bit of a hassle requiring calls to their San Francisco number, but eventually got it worked out (including sending a screen shot of my bank account) ... today (my third time) I went to the Libertad office and now they - the More office - are asking for a copy of my bank statement (he gave me an email address at moreargentina.com) .. he said they are separate from Xoom and so doesn't matter that they've seen my bank account ... I was uncomfortable giving Xoom my bank info, but this makes me even more uncomfortable - that said, Xoom already has taken the $3000 out of my account ... is this the extra documentation others are talking about, should I cancel (and hopefully get the refund!), or is this safe .. thanks for the advice in advance

Back