I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

This thread is an eye opener.

I myself was a perma-tourist for 9 years, till I came across this Forum by accident (was still looking for how to re-new my Canadian Driver License ...)

I think we should all co-operate, and refrain from giving advice on workarounds, it´s not helpful.
I got complacent, dragged on and on, under the illusion, I honestly thought there was nothing wrong, I´m retired, should not be a problem.

It´s helpful to explain the law as it´s,( then after that every individual takes his/her own calculated informed risk).
It´s helpful, when no one gets surprised !

The immigration "theory" is that the airport is not Argentine soil, so they just reject you and you go back in the néxt airplane.

Then a deportation order isn't possible, correct?

B) La expulsión lleva implícita la prohibición de reingreso permanente o por un término
que en ningún caso podrá ser inferior a cinco (5) años y se graduará según la importancia
de la causa que la motivara. Dicha prohibición sólo podrá ser dispensada por la Dirección
Nacional de Migraciones.

To receive a 5-year ban, you'd have to be "expelled" from the country. Wouldn't such a ban require you to have entered the country first? In other words, if he has no entry stamp, he is not admitted as a transitory resident (Article 24). If he's not admitted, he can't (logically) be expelled.

The OP says he was just denied entry. In this case, I am assuming that he's not banned from the country. He would only need to show proof that he intends to leave the country, correct? That may be difficult to convince them of at this point, though. I guess the other alternative is some concrete proof that he's going to submit a residency application of some sort, if he's eligible for it. I believe one can get an expedited turno via the DNM website. This might be sufficient for a DNM officer to be convinced that you are indeed serious about regularizing your status.

A new passport isn't going to do diddly-squat. They do the fingerprinting and picture-taking for a reason.

Actually Palabilla ...in reponse to And you can't get in with a normal tourist visa? It surprises me a bit that people live here without making a DNI, it just gets rid of all this passport nonsense.

Even when we have tried travelling on dnis alone they insist on checking our passports. Maybe it's because we are a family with young kids.

Actually Palabilla ...in reponse to And you can't get in with a normal tourist visa? It surprises me a bit that people live here without making a DNI, it just gets rid of all this passport nonsense.

Even when we have tried travelling on dnis alone they insist on checking our passports. Maybe it's because we are a family with young kids.

Interesting, to be honest I'm not 100% sure how the process works for non-Mercosur countries, as a Brazilian I can get the 90 days visa without even needing a passport, my Brazilian ID will do.

A new passport isn't going to do diddly-squat. They do the fingerprinting and picture-taking for a reason.

I'm not 100% certain that the backend of the system really works. They do spend *a lot* of time looking at your passport. If it were really linked, in theory as soon as your passport was scanned, the info would come up. Instead they flip through all the pages looking for dates which makes me tend to think it's maybe not quite as up to date as it should be ;)

Then a deportation order isn't possible, correct?

To receive a 5-year ban, you'd have to be "expelled" from the country. Wouldn't such a ban require you to have entered the country first? In other words, if he has no entry stamp, he is not admitted as a transitory resident (Article 24). If he's not admitted, he can't (logically) be expelled.

I think they would have stamped him with a "denied entry" that's what happened to me (another country thought).

I'm not 100% certain that the backend of the system really works. They do spend *a lot* of time looking at your passport. If it were really linked, in theory as soon as your passport was scanned, the info would come up. Instead they flip through all the pages looking for dates which makes me tend to think it's maybe not quite as up to date as it should be ;)

I'm inclined to agree with citygirl, if you recall they take your photo and your thumbprint after they scan your passport. And with my new passport they have to write in the old passport number when noting the paid reciprocity fee, it didn't just pop up in their system.

They certainly do have your entries and exists stored in a database. The third (and last time) that I paid the overstay fee at Ezeiza, the immigration guy showed me this as he was reprimanding me for not having a DNI. They had all of the dates for my entries and exits, as well as the airports that I traveled from or to -- but not the beginning or end points of travel. For some trips to the U.S., I've had a connecting flight in Sao Paulo, for example. Based on the information I saw, for all they knew, my trip ended in Sao Paulo, even though I continued on to Miami. Same for flights that originated in the U.S, and connected to EZE from Lima, Peru. It just shows that I came from Lima.

Your biometric data is certainly stored alongside these records at this point. Thus, changing passports is going to be moot.

Whether or not immigration officers have easy access to these records (or even care to access them) is another question all together...

In another thread, Dr. Rubilar kindly shared a picture of the "rejection letter" that one expat received.

C360_2013-04-07-17-58-33_zps9d36e6d0.jpg

You'll notice that it's simply a "rejection" letter, not an "expulsion," and it clearly states that the person's only way to counter the rejection is to head to an Argentine Consulate. I assume the OP would have received something similar, no?

Back