I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

Just had second thoughts about my previous post...my son has a new passport, but I always have to bring the old one too with the sticker in the back. Otherwise, you have to pay the entry fee again. Never mind!

Yep, I have a new-ish passport (a year old) but it's the old one with a zillion Argentina/Uruguay stamps that has the sticker in it!

Did you overstay the 90 days anytime or just make a lot of entries and exits?

Maybe we all need to be thinking about "losing" our passports and getting new ones so we don't have so many entry and exit stamps...I just had to get new visa pages added because of all of the Argentina stamps. The customs officer in BA is always very interested in the one stamp that I actually got at Immigraciones to extend my tourist stay legally with their office. I won't ever do that again! It took hours, and even the woman there who helped me asked me why I didn't just go to Colonia and then gave me the phone number for Buquebus ;)

I've got dozens of Argentine (and Chilean) stamps in my passport, and more than a handful from Uruguay. Only once has anybody ever asked me what I'm doing in Argentina, and I simply said "visiting family" (which is true).

Listen. I don't need judgment, I need someone to answer some simple questions and not be told "you should've done X." I was denied entry. They sent me back. I want to know if being denied entry implies anything permanent. Is it permanent? Is it for a year? Is it for a few months? Who decides? I want to know how/if I can get in while avoiding going through the residency procedure. I want to get in, get my stuff, and leave. Anyone have any advice on this?

Listen. I don't need judgment, I need someone to answer some simple questions and not be told "you should've done X." I was denied entry. They sent me back. I want to know if being denied entry implies anything permanent. Is it permanent? Is it for a year? Is it for a few months? Who decides? I want to know how/if I can get in while avoiding going through the residency procedure. I want to get in, get my stuff, and leave. Anyone have any advice on this?

So far with the specific examples like yours that I'm aware of it has been proven that you can't. Have your friends here collect your stuff and take it to you in Montevideo.

Back