I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

Either get resdiency through the RADEX system of migraciones or hope Bajo_cero2 is corect that the pregnant Russian women case has set a precedent that it is now possible to actually claim residency by saying that you live here.

For the time being, I imagine that coming and going as you please as a "self declared resident" would be "challenged"at a port of enrty, but, faced with with arrest and deportation for "abuse of the tourist visa" by migraciones I would certainly give it a try.

YouMmoon is still around, but you may not realize that the last post in this thread was ten before yours was over eight years ago.

Here is a recent thread about getting the 90 day extension:

What category of residency are you considering?
Thank you for your feedback and no, I did not realize the post was from awhile ago. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you for your feedback and no, I did not realize the post was from awhile ago. Thanks for the heads up.
What category of residency are you considering? I was pursuing the Rentista Visa, but it seems like the process is confusing. My next bet is temporary residency eventually to permanent. My goal is to be in BA for 8 months and U.S 4 months per year. What would be the best visa for this goal?
YouMmoon is still around, but you may not realize that the last post in this thread was ten before yours was over eight years ago. I did not, thank you for the heads up.

I suggest you say you live here and you are returning. You must have this appeal in hard copy signed and a picture on the phone. If they reject you you send it to the AR Consulate and then you show them the appeal and the sent e mail and they must let you in.

Okay. The owner I currently rent from has signed an affidavit stating I live at the address and any questions to call the owner of the property. Would this hold the case stronger to be a resident?

Okay. The owner I currently rent from has signed an affidavit stating I live at the address and any questions to call the owner of the property. Would this hold the case stronger to be a resident?
What are you trying to accomplish exactly? What residency category do you qualify and plan to apply for? An affidavit from the landlord is not a requirement in any of the procedures...Prove of local address is done through a utility bill with your name on it or certificado de domicilio from the police.

What category of residency are you considering? I was pursuing the Rentista Visa, but it seems like the process is confusing. My next bet is temporary residency eventually to permanent. My goal is to be in BA for 8 months and U.S 4 months per year. What would be the best visa for this goal?
Rentista visa/residence is a one of the categories of Temporary residence. While you are here as a tourist or digital nomad (visa) you are admitted under "Transitory" residence. Transitory does not count toward permanent residence for Migraciones. You need 3 years of temporary to get permanent. Of course after 2 years of temporary you can just apply for citizenship directly...

Rentista visa/residence is a one of the categories of Temporary residence. While you are here as a tourist or digital nomad (visa) you are admitted under "Transitory" residence. Transitory does not count toward permanent residence for Migraciones. You need 3 years of temporary to get permanent. Of course after 2 years of temporary you can just apply for citizenship directly...
The answer I've been looking for. Thank you dsp27. Transitory residence for permanent residency. I'm fine with that timeline.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly? What residency category do you qualify and plan to apply for? An affidavit from the landlord is not a requirement in any of the procedures...Prove of local address is done through a utility bill with your name on it or certificado de domicilio from the police.
Understood. I'm going to check out Transitory residence.

So, the random lottery hit me and I was denied entry into Argentina. Man, serious bummer. I am in the process of putting together my residency but I have a few questions that I couldn't seem to find answers to in the forums.

1. Am I "banned" from entry as a tourist? Nobody at the immigrations in Argentina would give me a straight answer and nobody and the consulate is helpful. They either don't know or they are just too lazy to find out or what have you.

2. If I have been banned, for how long is it?

3. If I try to go back, will I be sent packing again? Even if I have a return ticket for say a week later? I have things in Argentina and I would like to gather them up.

Thanks for your help. I'm pretty sure these haven't been covered, but if they have been, please point me to the right place.

Thanks.
apply for a new passport fly to Uruguay and enter there, should not be a problem.

Understood. I'm going to check out Transitory residence.
No. What DSP meant is that when you enter they consider you a tourist but what they technically issue is a "transitory residency" valid for 90 days. Previously they would put a stamp in your passport that said "90 days", now you just get an email. Those 90 days are your "transitory residence". You don't apply for it as such (unlike the ""temporary residency categories)--your application for the "transitory residence" is simply the act of physically presenting yourself at the immigration country with your passport to enter the country after getting off the plane.

During your 90 days of "transitory residency", you can apply for a 12-month "temporary residency", if you fit into any of the categories of "temporary residence" (e.g., the rentista category, but there are various others). To obtain a temporary residencty, you have to formally apply according to a set process and provide the documentation your category (e.g., rentista) requires. If you are successful, they issue you a 12-month "temporary residency". After 12-months you can apply to renew it. After another 12-months you can apply to renew it again. At that point you will also have been here long enough (2 years, 24 months) to apply for "citizenship" (an entirely separate category and process to "residency"). You can also, at that point, apply for third year of your "temporary residency" and at the conclusion of that third year of "temporary residency" will now be qualified to (separately to any citizenship application process you may have commenced at the 2-year mark), apply for "permanent residency."

Back