I wish them well, it's about time for choice.

It is so sad, silly, ridiculous, and ultimately futile, to be debating such a controversial subject matter on a public forum dedicated to connecting ex-pats in a foreign land. Don't you have better things to do with your time? What's next...should we continue with abortion and expand the religious argument? Should we dabble in politics or gay marriage? When would it end, and where would it leave us anyway? You're not going to change someone's mind, you're just going to frustrate yourself. We aren't meant to agree on everything, and when we don't, an individual's poise, dignity, and class shine through in the argument. Btw, nice choice of color and size in your post PhilipDT - we needed a bit of a pick-me-up in this thread - and I guess red goes with murder! I think we all understand your point of view better now.

Clearly Ghost felt the pot needed stirring when this subject was introduced! ;)

katti said:
Now it is legal, but under certain circumstances (before the 12th month if I am not mistake and after a good talk with the doctor. )

I hope it happens before the 12th month- after all, the baby has been born for three months by then.

theglow said:
It is so sad, silly, ridiculous, and ultimately futile, to be debating such a controversial subject matter on a public forum dedicated to connecting ex-pats in a foreign land. Don't you have better things to do with your time? What's next...should we continue with abortion and expand the religious argument? Should we dabble in politics or gay marriage? When would it end, and where would it leave us anyway? You're not going to change someone's mind, you're just going to frustrate yourself. We aren't meant to agree on everything, and when we don't, an individual's poise, dignity, and class shine through in the argument. Btw, nice choice of color and size in your post PhilipDT - we needed a bit of a pick-me-up in this thread - and I guess red goes with murder! I think we all understand your point of view better now.

Clearly Ghost felt the pot needed stirring when this subject was introduced! ;)

There is nothing wrong with a healthy discussion of ideas. As long as everyone keeps it light hearted, no harm no foul.

I also disagree with the implication that people can't change their minds. While they may not do so as the result of one thread, peoples views are always subject to change; participation in discussions such as this one can lead to positive reformation of, or reaffirmation of, existing ideas.

I'm glad you enjoyed my use of color and red, some times the white on grey can get a little boring around here. I agree red seemed appropriated for murder however I wish there was a way I could have done more of a blood red and possibly a font that looked like it was written in dripping blood.

legal, not legal, moral, not moral, ethical, not ethical, embryo/foetus, when starts life, and so on... it can be debated forever.

However let's be honest, we, guys, will never be at risk ending up on a kitchen table, with an improvised medic coming with a hanger in his/her hands for a curettage. Just to underline that women should be heard a bit more than men about this subject.

Like it or not, abortion is a fact, like prostitution is, gambling and so on... It will always exist.
To make it illegal is accepting per se the fact that rich families send their daughters in the neighbouring country for an abortion to be made while the poor ones have to search for DIY solutions with all the risks involved.

French jurist said:
legal, not legal, moral, not moral, ethical, not ethical, embryo/foetus, when starts life, and so on... it can be debated forever.

However let's be honest, we, guys, will never be at risk ending up on a kitchen table, with an improvised medic coming with a hanger in his/her hands for a curettage. Just to underline that women should be heard a bit more than men about this subject.

Like it or not, abortion is a fact, like prostitution is, gambling and so on... It will always exist.
To make it illegal is accepting per se the fact that rich families send their daughters in the neighbouring country for an abortion to be made and the poor ones to search for DIY solutions with all the risks involved.
If it were men that got pregnant then abortion would have been legal for 200 years, or more.

Back