I wish them well, it's about time for choice.

NoPat said:
"No woman HAS to get pregnant unless she elects to"

All this talk about sex education means nothing to a victim of rape. I have yet to hear about a rapist that puts on a condom before attacking. What do you believe when you see a victim of rape carry the baby of the rapist and give birth to the rapist's child? What if the raped woman was you (if you are a woman), what if the raped woman was your wife (if man) or your daughter?

I predict a lot of double standards and hypocrisy if that were the case, it's different when it's personal.

In my view, rape is the only instance when abortion can be justified. But the vast majority of abortions are the result of ignorance and carelessness, not rape.

Get real.

I am always hesitant to get into these threads because it's such a heated subject. But at the end of the day - it really comes down to a simple fact for me. I don't want any government deciding what I can or can't do with my own body. One can be pro-choice and yet believe abortion is wrong. For example, my mother is very Catholic. She is also very pro-choice. She believes abortion is morally wrong but also firmly believes that it a personal and individual decision and one which the government has no business regulating.

I am in absolute agreement that there should be a huge focus on pregnancy prevention, sexual education clases and availability to birth control options. That is the best and most effective way to combat unwanted pregnancy. I don't think anyone is advocating abortion as a great alternative. It's the last resort. But who am I to tell anyone what they can/can't do with their own body?

Abortion is a hugely personal choice and a medically and emotionally invasive procedure. I don't know anyone who would do it lightly. (And if there is someone who would do it lightly, how do you think they would be equipped to raise a child??). I believe it's up to each individual to make that decision for herself and if it's something she can handle.

Again - for me, the idea of pro-life is a misnomer. You are either pro-choice or anti-choice. For me personally, it's a relatively easy decision.

This may be true, however, domestic violence, especially in Latin America, is often not reported. What if a woman is being forced to have sex (physically, or physiologically) at home and is forced to have a baby that she doesn’t want? And if a woman doesn’t want a baby she will find a way t get rid of it, no matter the method or the cost. If there is no legal safe place to get the procedure done she will get it done wherever else, and may very well get butchered and die. By denying woman a choice over this decision the fetus and the woman are at risk of loosing their lives. If you think abortion is a murder, don’t you think it is better to loose 1 life rather than 2?
Also, the statistics from the “freakeconmics” documentary state that abortion becoming legal drastically reduced crime rate, because there were fewer unwanted babies growing up in broken homes.
I think this makes a lot of sense!

SaraSara said:
In my view, rape is the only instance when abortion can be justified. But the vast majority of abortions are the result of ignorance and carelessness, not rape.

Get real.

So now MURDER (your word) is ok?

Tell me please under what circumstances is MURDERING an innocent child justifiable?

You get real.

You need to read my post again, this time paying attention.

"In my view, rape is the only instance when abortion can be justified".

I did not say it was RIGHT - I said it could be "justified".

Do you get it now?

SaraSara said:
You need to read my post again, this time paying attention.

"In my view, rape is the only instance when abortion can be justified".

I did not say it was RIGHT - I said it could be "justified".

Do you get it now?

How 'bout you read my post again, I'll highlight the important part.

PhilipDT said:
So now MURDER (your word) is ok?

Tell me please under what circumstances is MURDERING an innocent child justifiable?

You get real.

I'm dying to hear your explanation for how an act that took place before a baby was conceived can possible be a justification for MURDER.

Sounds like you are looking for a fight, but I'm afraid you'll have to look somewhere else for it.

SaraSara said:
Typical, indeed, of someone with a little class.

Its funny that you only seem to have class when presented with the contradictions of your own view points.

Back