I would like to introduce myself...

pejintuitiv

Registered
Hello, my name is Paul Jones. I moved to Buenos Aries in 2010. I have decided to stay here and was wondering if any of you who have radicación permanente and what that process is like. I have lived in the Microcentro since 2010 and was working in Palermo for some time. If anyone has tips on what to do and how to proceed with the radicación permanente I would appreciate hearing from you. I moved to Argentina from Central Virginia but am from Northern California. I speak Spanish but do not know any native English speakers here in Buenos Aires.

I look forward to meeting some of you.

Thank you,

Paul Jones

Can anyone help Paul with information on how to apply for permanent residency? Since I secured permanent residency 7 years ago, I'm sure the procedure has changed since then. Paul speaks Spanish, so he'll have no problem conversing with any and all government personnel as well as understanding all required printed documents and information. Thanks, Joe.

As far as i know you need to renew your year visa 3x, after
3 years you can apply for permanent residency.
We are now in our 3th year....

Since you have already been here for two years you can apply for citizenship through the federal court. Getting permanent residency is easy at the third renewal of your temporary residency (if you have it). The citizenship process is almost all done by the court and you only have to pay to publish a notice in the newspaper and an FBI report (if you are from the USA and the court asks for it).

There are two threads I started about Argentine citizenship. Use the search engine to find them (enter "Argentine citizenship foreigners"). There are also many threads about permanent residency that you can find the same way.

Here is the link to information about permanent residency: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?nomercosur_permanente

I don't know how it is for people from outside of the "MERCOSUR agreement"... since I'm from Brazil, the guy from the immigration center pretty much offered me the permanent residency (which I didn't even know you could get that easily)... hope you can figure that one out ;)

bjorkista said:
I don't know how it is for people from outside of the "MERCOSUR agreement"... since I'm from Brazil, the guy from the immigration center pretty much offered me the permanent residency (which I didn't even know you could get that easily)... hope you can figure that one out ;)

Well, they are so corrupt...but what you get is a DNI without the file inside DNM, so, a fake one.

Back