ICANA-an English book library

flippinkittin

Registered
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share with you an amazing gem that I found this week. It is called ICANA and it is on Maipu 672 downtown. They are a library that was placed in Argentina by an American organization some 80 years ago. It is 80 pesos a year (or 2 payments of 45 pesos) to join up and you can take books, movies, cd's and magazines out for two weeks at a time. Apparently they have another location in Belgrano as well. I highly recommend a visit. Happy Reading!

Hi, Flippinkittin,

Do you know if the library at ICANA by chance has any ESL/English language learning resources as well (amongst the books, CDs, magazines, etc.)?

Thanks! :)

Syngirl, you have my deepest sympathy.

A few years back the very large "Confiteria Danubio" printed cards and bills with our home phone number, and we were flooded with people ordering sandwiches and cakes for birthday parties. Not only that, but when we told them they had the wrong number they became indignant and got angry at US...!

Sara

These are both great tips and even after two years, I always forget about them. There is also Walrus books in San Telmo, which sells new and used English books. Very friendly and they will buy back the books you purchase when you are done with them - at a discount, of course.

Lauren23 said:
Hi, Flippinkittin,

Do you know if the library at ICANA by chance has any ESL/English language learning resources as well (amongst the books, CDs, magazines, etc.)?

Thanks! :)

Hey Lauren,
Yes, they have a whole shelf of TOEFL and learning/teaching books. I believe there are electronic recourses there as well.

Also there is an English bookstore that I love in a little shopping mall on Santa Fe and Puerrydon; you just go down the stairs. I'm not sure if they have a name but there is a directory there and I know there is a sign that says 'Books: ingles, castellano'

Back