If Money Was No Object

If "money was no object" I would build this on the 54 x 108 (5832 mtr2) lot behind my present home...

INF_Corb-V-Sav-Nfac_6.jpg

http://villa-savoye....s-nationaux.fr/

When I took this photo I was standing near what would be the back corner of the house that would have a 16 mtr x 16 mtr footprint. The trees in the distance would be about 80 mtrs from the front of the house

back%2B5850%2Boct%2B52014.jpg

Last edited:
Rich One- The irony is that all of the places you list also share many (if not all) of the defects you mention of BsAs.... Most Mediterranean countries in Europe also have extreme political corruption, strikes, issues with health care and education, brecha, etc etc

That being said, many of these places have an expat community who live in a bubble and have created their own environments which allows them to almost ignore what’s really going on in these otherwise paradise looking environments such as Spain, etc.

If real perfection exists somewhere and it’s affordable I’d love to move there ;)

"many of these places have an expat community who live in a bubble and have created their own environments which allows them to almost ignore what’s really going on in these otherwise paradise looking environments "

Fine that's where I want to be inside a bubble ignoring whats outside of Paradise...

Lol I am sure that can even be done in BsAs if you have the right living arrangement/set up. I know plenty of wealthy Porteños who sometimes act as though they aren’t affected by many of the perils and tormoils of day to day BsAs life and live in their own bubble

My wife and I often discuss where we'll end up in our dotage. She has a special attachment to the family place out in the countryside and would like to stay there instead of in town but it does nothing for me.....too many things out there wanting to bite, sting or frighten the life out of me. Anyway the place is so old it would need a fortune spent on it to bring it into modern living style. Probably cheaper to knock it down and build a new one which I couldn't be arsed with. We're having some work done to it now and it's a nightmare God knows what a new build would involve.

Options which would suit us both are.
1) Move to northern Spain....the wife has family connections there and has a Spanish passport. I like the area and it's only a short flight to the UK. I will also get my UK pension that starts in 3 years which would cover my monthly booze and tobacco bill.
2) Move to the UK...I am from there and she loves it having lived there for many years after we got married....''It's a different world to here'' she says.
3) Stay put but only under the condition that I/we travel back to the UK in Business Class whenever we want. I would go just for a spot of fishing and to buy HP Sauce and other goodies I miss here.

Most suggested destinations are conventional and traditional, no one wants to go to the Seychelles or the Indian Ocean or Bali or a resort in The Philippines or Caribbean destinations. No mention of Malta or adventurers that want to move to Polynesia to the Marquesas Islands to visit Gauguin's tumb..:rolleyes:

Most suggested destinations are conventional and traditional, no one wants to go to the Seychelles or the Indian Ocean or Bali or a resort in The Philippines or Caribbean destinations. No mention of Malta or adventurers that want to move to Polynesia to the Marquesas Islands to visit Gauguin's tumb..:rolleyes:

We're both pretty well travelled and no longer have the desire to visit new or exotic places. A modest sized house looking on to the Firth of Clyde within easy reach of a shopping centre sounds positively idyllic to us. :D

The Seychelles appear to be sinking.
Bali is over-run with package tourists these days. Plus, I hear they are basically out of water, due to the extreme overbuilding. And there is a little thing going on with the volcano.
I like Malta, but its about a 2 week place. Although, you can buy a can of shandy in any store there.

Me, I like Cities.
The older I get, the more I like being able to have whatever I want delivered, at all hours.
I am sticking with BA.

I need a city, and I need weather other than hot, humid, and wet. Northern European heritage, and happy to be that way.

Back