If Money Was No Object

Perhaps the choices of destinations are a reflection of the age and marital status of participants in this Forum.. i.e. :rolleyes:
The Seychelles appear to be sinking.
Bali is over-run with package tourists these days. Plus, I hear they are basically out of water, due to the extreme overbuilding. And there is a little thing going on with the volcano.
I like Malta, but its about a 2 week place. Although, you can buy a can of shandy in any store there.

Me, I like Cities.
The older I get, the more I like being able to have whatever I want delivered, at all hours.
I am sticking with BA.

Gibraltar , Ceuta or Melilla any takers..!

Rich One- The irony is that all of the places you list also share many (if not all) of the defects you mention of BsAs.... Most Mediterranean countries in Europe also have extreme political corruption, strikes, issues with health care and education, brecha, etc etc

? Is it either black or white for you? There is no place in Europe that comes near to being a jungle like Buenos Aires.

No, it is not all black and white, however the point I was trying to make is that some of the places mentioned as ‘paradise places if money were no object’, do, to some extent, share some of the same exact problems and turmoils as what Rich One listed and are by far from perfect themselves. If it’s you who is effected by a paro bancario, whether it’s in Buenos Aires or Madrid, I am sure you’ll be equally as pissed. Another couple of major roads cut off because of political demonstrations? Equally as annoying in Barcelona as in Buenos Aires. At the airport and the labor unions strike affecting your flight? Nope, it’s not Aerolineas, it’s Air France. That’s the point i was trying to make.

No, it is not all black and white, however the point I was trying to make is that some of the places mentioned as ‘paradise places if money were no object’, do, to some extent, share some of the same exact problems and turmoils as what Rich One listed and are by far from perfect themselves. If it’s you who is effected by a paro bancario, whether it’s in Buenos Aires or Madrid, I am sure you’ll be equally as pissed. Another couple of major roads cut off because of political demonstrations? Equally as annoying in Barcelona as in Buenos Aires. At the airport and the labor unions strike affecting your flight? Nope, it’s not Aerolineas, it’s Air France. That’s the point i was trying to make.

If you perception is that the sensation of chaos is (to same Extent) the same in the places mentioned in Europe, as in Bs. As. then you should stay in Bs. As. ...:rolleyes: No point in arguing, perceptions are personal subjective and emotional.

I didn’t say the ‘sensation of chaos’ - I meant that many of the faults you had listed about BsAs are also shared by many of the other places you had mentioned. Although- In October I was in Barcelona during the Catalan situation and the sensation of chaos at that time (which was followed suit by a travel advisory by the US embassy and US airlines) was comparable to many BA style riots.

I had my bag slashed in Rome. My wife's purse was snatched in Madrid. I have seen far more drunks passed out in the street in Wales. And Riots? really? I was living in Los Angeles during the reaction to the Rodney King verdict. Nothing in Argentina, since, maybe, those planes strafing and bombing Plaza de Mayo in 1955 compares to that. Hundreds of buildings burned to the ground, guys with guns on the roofs of minimarts. You guys dont know from riot.
Naples and Palermo (the original one, in Sicily) are far more chaotic than BA. And Marseilles has its share of illegal activities as well. We wont even touch on the mediterranean zones of calmness and safety that are the former Yugoslavia...

@Ries

I was in L.A, during the Watts riots ... pretty scary, to watch the black smoke stacks moving towards my area plus gunshots from armed drunken gans riding on pickup trucks holding up liquor stores....
Perception are personal no point in debating personal appreciations..:rolleyes:

If money was no object, i wouldn't even try LA, Barcelona,Madrid or any of those places, i would start from Monaco and work my way down maybe to... Switzerland....or the tough barrios of Liechtenstein...:cool:

Back