If the economy gets real bad will people turn on expats ?

He's ready!

Attachments

• OIG.hKATRwmfdIu2k.jpeg
    OIG.hKATRwmfdIu2k.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 4
It seems like a suicide mission for whoever became president. You might be right about Milei regretting it at some point.
From a purely political point of view it would have been better to let Massa win and society completely collapse under his regime

I seem to be "Fred58" in this scumbag's parallel universe. Who are you?
View attachment 9337

For those whose grasp of Argentine history doesn't extend that far back, the old goat on the bottom is Domingo Cavallo the author of the corralito of 2001, in which the government essentially confiscated all bank accounts in dollars, and many people lost their life savings.
Domingo is smiling in that pic because he personally didn't lose even 1 cent. They're all like that!

Food inflation just for this week must be over 20 %. I don't know how regular Argentina people cope, I look out my office windows and wonder how all these people are just walking around going about their lives god bless them. I always thought Trump never really wanted to be president but then his popularity exploded and he was suddenly in too deep to back out. I wonder if Milei is a bit the same and will regret ever becoming president if things keep going like this
Do not worry. He is fixed the price of some beef cuts so everyone can eat well during the holidays. Common populist technique to keep the people happy.

Do not worry. He is fixed the price of some beef cuts so everyone can eat well during the holidays. Common populist technique to keep the people happy.

3 doritos later they are back to precios cuidados…

Milei mentioned today that inflation is running at a rate of 1 % per day..." Which annualized is....?

The formula is (1.01^365 - 1)*100, which is about 3700%, which could imply that this time around next year 1 USD could be worth 40000 ARS. Imagine that the highest denomination note stays 2000 pesos, then you could pay with the equivalent of 5 pennies. Cash counting machines may be a booming business in Argentina!

Which cuts because ground beef has practically tripled in price in 1 month

While nobody likes to pay more for the same stuff, I can assure non believes that whatever the prices are here for food, prices in the US for the same or equivalent would make their head spin.

Back