If You Had Your Druthers, How Do You Fix Argentina?

Ok maybe some of the other threads just have me in a political mood but I absolutely can't stand shit like this:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1635708-el-gobierno-porteno-aclaro-que-seguira-anotando-alumnos-de-provincia-pero-privilegiara-la-ce

....la Unión de los Trabajadores de la Educación (UTE), que había advertido que el sistema despersonaliza el vínculo escuela-familia y presentó una medida cautelar para frenarlo.

Old system of enrollment: Take an entire half day off of work (or more depending on where you work) to go to the school and wait in several lines.

New system: Fill out some online forms form your home or office.

Since this clearly an evil plan to increase productivity and efficiency and reduce stress for the average parent, the unions have decided to come to their defense and ask for an injunction to stop the dastardly plan.

I mean is their any clearer way to say "fuck you, we don't like you, so we're going to bog down the judicial system with frivolous legal action to prevent something that no sane human being could actually be against" ?

http://www.lanacion....vilegiara-la-ce

Old system of enrollment: Take an entire half day off of work (or more depending on where you work) to go to the school and wait in several lines.

New system: Fill out some online forms form your home or office.

Since this clearly an evil plan to increase productivity and efficiency and reduce stress for the average parent, the unions have decided to come to their defense and ask for an injunction to stop the dastardly plan.

Phil,

I don't have enough info to have an opinion on the online registration system, but check this article out on the same story:

http://www.ambito.co...a.asp?id=710864

. "Tenés que elegir la prioridad entre cinco colegios de la zona donde vívis y después por un sistema aleatorio se te asigna uno recién en febrero, es una verguenza", comentó María M., madre de una alumna de una escuela primaria de Caballito. "Lo peor que mi segundo hijo que empieza primer grado el año que viene podría ir a otro colegio distinto del de mi hija mayor ¿Cómo voy a hacer para llevar a los dos al mismo tiempo y que no lleguen tarde? ¿Y si me tocan en distinto turno, voy a tener que dejar de trabajar?", se preguntó con indignación ante la consulta de este medio.

This in both cases is a prime example of crappy journalism. You have two stories on the same topic that give diametrically opposite details, and why? look at the sources each of them talked to. La Nación only talked to the administration and Ámbito only talked to the unions/parents. Why can't you get a news article where the reporter talks to both sides? Yet both read as "news" stories, (not opinion) and leave the reader thinking he got some sort of objective look at the issue. Garbage.

I forgot to pay my monotributo last month, so I better stay low or the fired turkies'll be after me.

So ignoring the way I'd fund it, let's hear how I'd make Argenina a Primer Mundo Nación:

First settle the spat with UK. We'll give up all claims to Falklands if we can have South Georgia to put all the Ks and militant Perónists on.

Extend the subway to EZE and AEP and increase the hours.

Nationalize the following:

- Railways. Every...Single...One. Create Ferrocarriles Argentinos again with online booking, different classes, buy the trains from
countries willing to take Pesos (I'm guess this would be Brasil like someone else said) and it be electric
- Hospitals, dental centers, pharmacies, rehab, etc.
- Edenor/Edensur
- Personal, Movistar, Claro and Nextel into Argentina Movil, build a LTE network starting in places like CABA, Rosario, and Cordoba
- All oil companies
- All power, water, gas, utility companies

- Make graffiti and football hooliganism both explicit crimes. Graffiti punishment is painting/cleaning graffiti across the city.
- Make recycling mandatory and failure for compliance finable.
- Shut down Vacca Muerta
- Introduce a train safety certification process run by DB or SNCF or Amtrak or something
- Create a transit police like in London
- Replace the currency with polymer bills
- Mint more coins out of recycled coins/metals
- Legalize abortion
- Make corruption and nepotism a crime punishable with having to repave sidewalks and roads and life ban from receiving public funds for any work.
- Permatourist amnesty
- Luxury VAT on high end electronics, cars, jewelry, etc.
- Health tax on cigarettes, sugar sodas, juices not made from juice, american style fast food, etc.
- Subsidize fruits, vegetables, and general health foods
- Rebuild AFIP from the ground up
- legalize and tax all drugs
- Build thousands of new public housing projects
- Make failure to clean up dog shit punishable with 1000s of pesos tickets or community service cleaning up dog shit
- Raise the retirement age
- Force everyone in the military that was there during the junta to retire
- Make voting optional
- Liberalize the trading of foreign currency
- Make everything government related (as possible) doable online
- Get rid of all the Peronist memorabilia
- Issue unconditional apologies to the native americans
- Calculate a way to make reparations to Native Americans
- Have people like General Roca retroactively striped of rank and dishonorably discharged

I'm sure I'm forgetting things...

So ignoring the way I'd fund it, let's hear how I'd make Argenina a Primer Mundo Nación:

First settle the spat with UK. We'll give up all claims to Falklands if we can have South Georgia to put all the Ks and militant Perónists on.

Extend the subway to EZE and AEP and increase the hours.

Nationalize the following:

- Railways. Every...Single...One. Create Ferrocarriles Argentinos again with online booking, different classes, buy the trains from
countries willing to take Pesos (I'm guess this would be Brasil like someone else said) and it be electric
- Hospitals, dental centers, pharmacies, rehab, etc.
- Edenor/Edensur
- Personal, Movistar, Claro and Nextel into Argentina Movil, build a LTE network starting in places like CABA, Rosario, and Cordoba
- All oil companies
- All power, water, gas, utility companies

- Make graffiti and football hooliganism both explicit crimes. Graffiti punishment is painting/cleaning graffiti across the city.
- Make recycling mandatory and failure for compliance finable.
- Shut down Vacca Muerta
- Introduce a train safety certification process run by DB or SNCF or Amtrak or something
- Create a transit police like in London
- Replace the currency with polymer bills
- Mint more coins out of recycled coins/metals
- Legalize abortion
- Make corruption and nepotism a crime punishable with having to repave sidewalks and roads and life ban from receiving public funds for any work.
- Permatourist amnesty
- Luxury VAT on high end electronics, cars, jewelry, etc.
- Health tax on cigarettes, sugar sodas, juices not made from juice, american style fast food, etc.
- Subsidize fruits, vegetables, and general health foods
- Rebuild AFIP from the ground up
- legalize and tax all drugs
- Build thousands of new public housing projects
- Make failure to clean up dog shit punishable with 1000s of pesos tickets or community service cleaning up dog shit
- Raise the retirement age
- Force everyone in the military that was there during the junta to retire
- Make voting optional
- Liberalize the trading of foreign currency
- Make everything government related (as possible) doable online
- Get rid of all the Peronist memorabilia
- Issue unconditional apologies to the native americans
- Calculate a way to make reparations to Native Americans
- Have people like General Roca retroactively striped of rank and dishonorably discharged

I'm sure I'm forgetting things...

Back