If You Had Your Druthers, How Do You Fix Argentina?

Alberdi and Sarmiento imagined and created this country. According to them, the country is lacking 60 million people, then we talk.

Germany has about 30/40 cities distributed all around the country of 2 million people each. We have 3 over 1 million and that[s it.

In line with this:

1) Move the main port AWAY from Buenos Aires. Perhaps halfway down to Mar del Plata. Maybe in the northern half of "Samborombón Bay". (Which I'd never heard of before just now.

2) Increase the importance of Bahia Blanca's port.

3) Move the capital into the middle of the country. Near General Pico, or a bit north near "Realicó". (Near where the border of provinces of La Pampa & Córdoba about half way in between the provinces of Buenos Aires & San Luis.

4) Allow people to be fired WITH REASON! (I'm reminded of the post a couple of years ago where a just said that Skipping Work and Arriving To Work Drunk were NOT sufficient grounds for dismissal.)

I believe that many positive changes came about as a result of unions, not just here, but throughout the world. But I also believe that Argentina has taken union power WAY TOO FAR.

5) Move the Ministry of Labor AWAY from el Microcenter. Put it in Flores or Pompeya. (The current building is ugly as hell and its location on Alem means that it's a constant headache for traffic.)

You arrived late guys...
http://www.perfil.com/politica/Videla-Queriamos-disciplinar-al-peronismo-20131106-0012.html

Iced tea with free refills para todos!
Unlock free energy from dog poop instead of cow gas.
Import pizzas from Italy.

How is killing innocent babies going to benefit Argentina?
ayee.jpg

Really? Thats the one you had a problem with?

Not sure if you're referring to the ideas I have or to all the ones posted so far, either way I'm glad everything
else was uncontroversial with my ideas.

Transition to free market capitalism....and enlighten the rest of the world...

Rebuild the railways so there is regular freight between internal Argentina and Buenos Aires. (reopen the Veins of Latin America! :lol: ) creating competition for the current trucker/bus mafias.

Grow the subway so that it goes to greater BA and places like Ezezia. Use mercosur and buy subway cars from Brazil encouraging more integration.

Replace the buses with trolly buses / create tram lines in buenos aires. Enforce road laws and fine anyone/jail repeat offenders who drives like they currently do.

Close down the stupid tierra del fuego factories, moving them and providing space / factories etc closer to where the population of the damn country lives, maybe near one of the newly repaired railway lines!

Follow what Turkey did with imports and exports so that you gradually open imports providing competition for the local factories so they have to improve or close. Ultimately becoming competitive in the world.

Remove taxes on any technology that can be used to develop things, use the highly educated population to create innovative high tech products and not just provide cheap off-shoring for other places.
Provide incentives for current high tech companies to open their data warehouses here and not in surrounding countries.
Get fibre to all the cities and people.

Simplify the tax codes, just copy paste it completely from somewhere that works, allowing small companies and innovators to grow easily and benefit the whole country.

Add subsidies/remove import duties for Solar Panels to ease the electricity problems and reduce reliance on fuel imports.
Grow Wind power in windy places, Hydro in the mountains to store energy, geothermal where possible.
Short term increase Nuclear power.

Move to a Parliamentary system with the president as a figure head with no power like Ireland etc. so one person doesn't become a demigod and idiots are not just named in positions of power they are overseen by a cabinet of elected officials (Kicillof, Moreno etc who were never elected )

Float the peso and adopt policies to keep inflation at a normal rate. Currency controls never work and never will, see Black Wednesday in the uk.

Education, education education! Education for the children and mothers.

Have some immigration and border controls, encouraging immigration to areas where workers are needed and not to the slums of buenos aires.

Sack people in public who have no right to be in the positions they are. (i'm looking at the Aerolineas Argentinas, central bank, all these morons in embassies around the world, the national pension fund, the energy sector, railroads and government media etc.)

That will do for a start.
SPOT ON 100% on all counts. I couldn't agree more on every point. Thank you!

I would:

For starters, drop all taxes on new business ventures for a period of three years.

A. Drop the Cepo on the US$ immediately.

B. I'd cut the wasteful 'choripan' government public expenditure...(1billion pesos and counting)...

C. I would reorganize the subsidios, I wouldn't cut them all off (180 Million pesos).

D. Rebuild the defense forces & bring back obligatory conscription.

E. For a couple of years, under urgent national state of emergency powers, I'd send in the Swat team to exterminate anyone associated with the Narco Trafficking & peddlers.

F. Organize professional snipers to lay on roof tops to pick off trapitos (just kidding - but I find myself fantasizing about it a lot).

G. Starting with Boudou, Moreno, Anibal, Jaime, Larroke, Etche Guaray, Recalde & Cristina, I would organize the immediate arrest of all the Kirchenrista government members & la Campora & put them ALL on trial for hi treason just for starters. I'd organize for all their ill gotten assets to be confiscated & returned to the public purse.

H. Make a new law, anyone caught blocking any main roads is automatically condemned to a compulsory 3 month non parole prison term.

I. Anyone caught stealing, pick pocketing or bag snatching is to be publicly flogged & sentenced to a compulsory minimum 1 year non parole prison term & a picture of their parents is to be posted in all public news media.

J. I'd have the queen thoroughly investigated right back to pre 1995 when her & hubby extorted & stole money from unsuspecting home owners in Santa Cruz as well as all the BAez contracts/deals, their links to drug trafficking, prostitution/slavery, & all their external bank accounts..also all the YPF kickbacks that Nestor received. The list is just too long.

..I better stop...I can type away till next week.

Back