Iguazu Falls - Bus Tickets From Brazil Side To Bs.as.

kerriem

Registered
I'm off to the Iguazu Falls this week. I will be heading over to the Brazil side for a look as well. Does anyone know if I can get a return bus from Foz do Iguacu (Brazil) directly back to Buenos Aires? Also, does anyone know if I can book my return journey from a travel agent/bus company here Bs. As? If not, I assume that there are travel agents/bus companies with offices up at the falls?

In late 2011 while on the Argentine side of the Falls, my husband and I went over to "Foz" by local bus from Puerto Iguazu in Arg (a few pesos only each way) expecting to return to Argentina by the same bus route after an early dinner in Foz. But the last bus back was at 5pm. The restaurant called us a taxi - expensive. Another local bus from the same Arg town's bus station goes back and forth to the Brazilian Falls' entrance frequently but its last bus back was also at 5pm. Brazilian cabs back to Arg cost double BA rates after bargaining. The town of Foz was dead boring. That town wasn't worth our research. Ditto the recommended restaurant we used in Foz (poor food, tiny portions, 3 times the cost of a BA meal out and a complete lack of atmosphere). However, Brazil's side of the Falls and particularly the Bird Park (a 5 minute walk from the Brazilian falls' entrance) were very worth visiting. If you go to Brazil in the morning, you won't have the expense and hassle of taxis. Also, I don't know if Brazil is still charging North Americans and Australians its hefty reciprocal entry fee.

I'm off to the Iguazu Falls this week. I will be heading over to the Brazil side for a look as well. Does anyone know if I can get a return bus from Foz do Iguacu (Brazil) directly back to Buenos Aires? Also, does anyone know if I can book my return journey from a travel agent/bus company here Bs. As? If not, I assume that there are travel agents/bus companies with offices up at the falls?

I'm not sure if I recommend that. Once I was traveling back to Buenos Aires on bus from Foz do Iguazu and the bus broke down. The driver hailed a random car and this couple and put us in the car with them and they took bought us back. It was pretty funny. The whole trip I couldn't communicate since I didn't know how to speak Castellano at the time. Thank goodness nothing happened.

In late 2011 while on the Argentine side of the Falls, my husband and I went over to "Foz" by local bus from Puerto Iguazu in Arg (a few pesos only each way) expecting to return to Argentina by the same bus route after an early dinner in Foz. But the last bus back was at 5pm. The restaurant called us a taxi - expensive. Another local bus from the same Arg town's bus station goes back and forth to the Brazilian Falls' entrance frequently but its last bus back was also at 5pm. Brazilian cabs back to Arg cost double BA rates after bargaining. The town of Foz was dead boring. That town wasn't worth our research. Ditto the recommended restaurant we used in Foz (poor food, tiny portions, 3 times the cost of a BA meal out and a complete lack of atmosphere). However, Brazil's side of the Falls and particularly the Bird Park (a 5 minute walk from the Brazilian falls' entrance) were very worth visiting. If you go to Brazil in the morning, you won't have the expense and hassle of taxis. Also, I don't know if Brazil is still charging North Americans and Australians its hefty reciprocal entry fee.

US citizens need a visa to travel to Brazil.

US citizens need a visa to travel to Brazil.
So do Canadians and Australians. EU citizens didn't. We went to Brazil 3 times in 3 days because we'd never visited Brazil previously and we didn't need visas. Taxi drivers on both sides of the border insist on seeing your passport before they approach Argentina's or Brazil's frontier in both directions. They would be in serious trouble job-wise if they didn't. Re. the other post about not relying upon the buses, we found both bus routes we took to/fro. Brazil fast and on time. They have to be: they're the only form of public transport available for locals who work on the other side. They cost a speck of the taxi fare.

Take a cab from Arg side. He will pick you up at whatever time you wish. Negotiate . Brasil side does not check passports , only Arg side. Duty free store is very expensive. Another concession for Christina's friends. Also do not look for dollars in Foz. ATM do not have them.

Imagine bus fare from Arg side would be cheaper all round for many reasons.

Hi, If you take a cab from the Arg side to Foz ( I want to fly from Foz to Rio after vising the falls on the Arg side) what happens with immigration? Does the taxi driver take you to get an exit stamp from Arg into Brazil? I am from the UK. Thanks.

You will get an exit stamp from Argentina with no problem. Everyone gets one !! I got six last week ......

Getting an entry stamp into Brazil , which you must have to leave Rio is slightly more difficult.

You must get your driver to stop at Brazilian migrations and find someone who wants to do some work.....

Thank you- any idea how long the drive from Argentina side to Foz de Iguazu is? It is for my parents who are coming to visit- they don't speak Spanish or Portuguese so if it is a lot of hassle I may just put them on a plane from Argentina side straight to Rio but its double the price.

Back