I'm Mikey and I'm new

KatharineAnn, and all other (native) English teachers here in BA, should be able to profit from the new decision by the B.A. City Mayor Macri to add COMPULSORY ENGLISH classes at all official city schools, and at all levels. Presumably starting next March, I doubt there are sufficient unemployed local teachers to fill up all these new positions. So all of you looking for a stable job, or at least some practical experience might contact "City Hall" for info on how to participate.

BAJoe, thanks for the information. That would most definitely be a different experience from teaching the suits in the downtown towers .

You´re right, BAJoe. I hadn´t thought of that, but it may be a chance for some of us ´illegal´ English teachers to get into a legal position, too. However, considering it is the government schools I can´t imagine that it pays very much. I´ve been a couple times to the Club Europeo groups. It was nice but I can´t go on Wednesdays at that time, and I also would kind of enjoy a smaller group, between like 4 and 6 people, in a cafe, a more chill setting. If anyone wants to do that, send me a message! I´d like to do something on weekends, since it´s when most people are free..

Hey how are you? My name is Lucas and im practising my english. Actually I meet up with a girl called Sarah (she is from California) who I knew few days ago and may be we could all meet up someday in the week. I could help you all with spanish since im a native speaker ;) and you could help me practise my english. Take care.

Hey Guys let me know if you meet up. I was down here in the spring but have just come back.

Hello I'm also new.. should I start a new thread? I'm here til Nov 14th, let me know if you meet up, I will join :).

shall we exchange emails to coordinate better? you guys can email me at [email protected] and then i could send out an email to everyone in order to set a date to meet up :)

hi there,
i`am also new to this site. I`ll be in Bs As for about 4 weeks in November to improve my more or less non-existent spanish. So far, I`ve found a school and a bed for the first nights. I`d like to rent a nice room or a small apt. but it`s a bit exhausting to search all the apt. sites if you don`t know the city.... But I hope that once I´am in town I`ll find a place :)
If there are any activities to meet some people & get to know the city please let me know.
Saludos from rainy Hamburg
Anja

Back