I'm Outta Here

John Doe

Registered
I have lived in BA for many years, as a tourist. I will be leaving on a trip, shortly. and will have overstayed my welcome by 3 months.This is the first time that I have been delinquent.

I'm wondering what is the procedure that I will encounter? How much money will I have to pay? How much extra time will I need?

It's 600 pesos if you're leaving by plane you can pay at both airports, I'd give yourself an extra hour or so just in case there are lots of people trying to do stuff at the bank!

Is there any problem when you return ? If you do return

There have been persistent rumors that there is a "three strikes and you're out" rule. But as always it appears to be the luck of the draw of which immigration agent you get and also how you present yourself.

I have three overstays in my passport. And after two years I will be returning. I don't expect a problem since I am obviously not a perma-tourist (i.e. working illegally) but for safety I might use my other passport (having trouble getting the reciprocal fee online...)

There have been persistent rumors that there is a "three strikes and you're out" rule. But as always it appears to be the luck of the draw of which immigration agent you get and also how you present yourself.

I have three overstays in my passport. And after two years I will be returning. I don't expect a problem since I am obviously not a perma-tourist (i.e. working illegally) but for safety I might use my other passport (having trouble getting the reciprocal fee online...)
NO reciprocal fee anymore. The custom looks much better without ugly boxes. I also like the new part of the airport, with bigger restaurant so I can have one last bite of Argentina beef before I start the diet in CA.

NO reciprocal fee anymore. The custom looks much better without ugly boxes. I also like the new part of the airport, with bigger restaurant so I can have one last bite of Argentina beef before I start the diet in CA.
No reciprocity fee for US, but still for Canada.

Hey Joe, it is my understanding that they cancelled that fee several months ago by agreement between Obama and Macri.

Back