I'm pregnant and looking for a good doctor

Dora

Registered
Hello,

I'm new in Buenos Aires and just found out that I'm pregnant. I haven't had any experiences with hospitals and doctors in Argentina so far.

Anyone who could recommend me a good doctor or hospital in BA to go to?

Thank you very much!!

Dora

Hello Dora

I have triplets and at the time they were born I was in Osde a prepaid but I did my fertilization treatment at Fecunditas, Osde has very good doctors some of them speak English. A friend of mine had her children at the German Hospital and she was very glad with them.
Iam a local but in general here the level of doctors is really good though prepaids are a little bit expensive for us (locals). What I can say is that in any of the prepaids you will get for sure a very good attention.
all the best with pregnancy! I will never forget that time! Now the triplets are 8 years old!

First of all, congratulations!

Do you have medical insurance?

I have just returned to Arg. after many years abroad. I had my first ob/gyn appointment weeks ago, so I cannot recommend anyone.

Most of my friends are new moms, so I can ask around, but I first need to know which insurance company you are with.

One thing that I've noticed is that only 1 out of 6 friends did not have a C-section. If you are pro natural birth, just beware, since more and more obstetricians in Argentina (and the world) seem to love C-sections and epidural for the most ridiculous reasons.

I remember seeing an expat's blog about becoming a mom in Argentina, will paste the link if I find it.

Sorry if my writing is not warm, I am in a hurry and a bit out of touch with the language!

Good luck! Saludos,

M

First, you need to tell us if you are covered by medical insurance here. If not, it might be hard to get insurance if the health insurance company knows that you are pregnant. I do not recommend Hospital Aleman. A friend of mine got bed sores there. That is inexcusable. Try Mater Dei, Instituto Argentino de Diagnostico y Tratamnento or Trinidad. I should think that these institutrions could make good recommendations.

I don't know how the system works here, but if you are not insured, the insurance company will accept you only if you pay extra for your "pre existing condition".

nativexpat said:
I don't know how the system works here, but if you are not insured, the insurance company will accept you only if you pay extra for your "pre existing condition".

Not all health insurance companies will accept you when you are already pregnant, some will but will ask you to pay for the pre existance ( Hospital Aleman for example )

If you check Laur´s blog, she had her baby in Argentina and related everything, drs, what the methods are like, etc.

http://movingtoargentina.typepad.com/my_weblog/

I'm pregnant too and would highly recommend Dr. Gustavo Katz. He accepts Swiss Medical and I'm sure probably many others. I saw a bunch of doctors before I met him and has been by far the most helpful and personable doc I've seen during this process. He'll give you all the time you need and never makes you feel rushed.

Here's the number: 4827-4887/4039

Good luck!

Lindsay

Thank you all very much for your recommendations!

I have a german health insurance which covers health care world wide including pregnacy. So from that point of view I hope I'm fine.

Lindsay, where is Dr. Katz working?

I will check out all your recommendations.

Again, thank you! :)

Dora

Dora said:
Thank you all very much for your recommendations!

I have a german health insurance which covers health care world wide including pregnacy. So from that point of view I hope I'm fine.

Lindsay, where is Dr. Katz working?

I will check out all your recommendations.

Again, thank you! :)

Dora

If you are German, you might want to see Dr. Roebrto Leveque at Hospital Aleman ;)

Back