IMF about to censure Argentina

Not surprising at all........the biggest question is if Cristina will actually start reporting the real numbers...

Wow, a political body whose own economic recipies have spelled disaster for Argentina and other nations, at their own admission.
F--k the IMF.
Not to say I agree with the numbers that INDEC puts out, but the IMF talking shit about Argentina, that is laughable.
they should gorge their eyes out in shame.

Argentina (current admin) needs a good kick up the ass for misrepresenting inflation figures. Like the article says, bond payments are linked to inflation so by lying about inflation they have robbed investors of approximately 7 billion over the last few years.

Does the average Argentine, the voters, understand how damaging this is for the country? Do they even care?

Montauk_Project said:
Wow, a political body whose own economic recipies have spelled disaster for Argentina and other nations, at their own admission.
F--k the IMF.
Not to say I agree with the numbers that INDEC puts out, but the IMF talking shit about Argentina, that is laughable.

I'm not pro emf but who else has the power and influence to do something about it?

Sending the IMF for a long walk off a short pier was the best thing this country has ever done, and the last decade since they did so is the best evidence of that. Anyone who doesn't understand this could really benefit from reading about the history of Europe/US "helping" third world countries with their economies.

How does this damage the country? Right now Argentina does not or cannot get any international loans, so the damage from 2001 still continues.
Argentina will not let the peso float or give out accurate inflation numbers until it stops paying foreign debt, which I think is scheduled in the next few years.

Montauk_Project said:
How does this damage the country? Right now Argentina does not or cannot get any international loans, so the damage from 2001 still continues.
Argentina will not let the peso float or give out accurate inflation numbers until it stops paying foreign debt, which I think is scheduled in the next few years.

I agree, the long term ramifications are distressing for Argentina.

If Argentina really wants to pesify and make it stick they should float the currency, not without intelligence, but with strategy and planning. Possible? Yes. Likely? Not on your life.

Montauk_Project said:
F--k the IMF.

Well I think I share some of your point of view... but sometimes it is not as much as the recipe or the ingredients, but also the hand of the cook. In other words, I wonder if the original recipe included a big fat loaf of corruption in it? ;)

One more effort to intimidate yet another Gov to surrender to the policies from one of the world's most corrupted organizations, responsible for the crashing of countless economies, corrupting politicians around the world to divide and conquer, keepying that way control of those economies, owned by bankers and corrupted Govs which have no respect for human rights, national souvereignity, democratly elected presidents nor people sponsored development plans. No problem...numbers speak by themselves...sadly US and the European powers were long faking numbers with IMF approval, eventually being forced to taste reality...suffering the results of the IMF "economic recovery recipes". Sad.. rich, resourceful once prosperous economies failing due to the IMF impositions and some people still give the IMF credit...they are just a bunch of powerful ones moving around the planet triggering violence to justify intervention...no worries the truth is coming out slowly and a major shift in world power is taking place...glad is happening in our lifetime.

Back