Immigraciones opens

Thanks Bajo Cero, but finding that out - good luck. Here's what I finally did do, I think. Got the assistance of an Argentina who could navigate TAD, is registered with AFIP so he could pay the 300 peso fee, and he has submitted my one page doc to be legalized. He says it may take up to a month to get the legalized doc back, but hey who's counting?! Thanks for the advice on Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriored Local. But I do wonder if that office is open either?
Who knows! Reincidencia worked 2 weeks and now is closed. Precarias at DNM the same because of a Covid case.

You do not need to have an AFIP key to pay the fee. There is a glitch in the system. You can do it just with a miArgentina account. Login with miArgentina into TAD and then just copy paste the tramite number in the URL if it keeps asking to login with AFIP.
I guess it's not too late for this time but FYI for next time you need to use it.
"There's a glitch in the system" there's the quote of the day. Fortunately, yes, it's too late and hopefully I'll never have to look at TAD in or out of Mi Argentina again.

Renaper seems to be not working. Today I was trying to schedule an appointment for a new DNI and it was impossible.

I don`t know on physical ofices.I was in email contact with Renaper during the hardest pandemia times like April and so on, when was total lockdown, but they were responding in 1 or few hours same day.

On the other hand they replied super terribly long to oficios of the federal judje. I suppose it is some juridical department not the " customer service" that surprised me a lot how fast they are.

Yes needs to be reviewed/approved by a supervisor which takes 30 to 90 days after the cita. Only after that will your info be send off to Renaper (the DNI people). If this is your first DNI -- they will need to assign you a DNI number which takes extra time. Don't expect to see a "physical DNI" before April. You can download the digital in your phone once your case is approved "definitely" by the supervisor. Don't be stuck on the physical DNI.

it probably depends.

I was in contact with supervisor. Supervisor is a boss who controls few delegations in one region (few huge provinces in my case). No idea are supervisors really involved in every each case, I doubt and the one I was in contact with told me no. I personally reached supervisor as I was bugging DNM a lot (like A LOT haha) and that`s why he learned about me and my case.

If one has a resolution that stating he/she is a resident it`s almost the end, congrats. Mine was signed by delegado (head of local delegation). When I looked at full file there was no trace of supervisor at this point, if it is signed- it is done and passed to Renaper. You can request your file from DNM and see everything that was going (thanks bajo for this advice) and you can learn why they asked for supervisor for your case.

After I got the resolution in almost no time I got DNI number and digital DNI, lduring same day or so. Fin:)

Last edited:
Reincidencia worked 2 weeks and now is closed. Precarias at DNM the same because of a Covid case

Can I ask you something, please? For how long answers to judge`s oficios from Reincendencia, Interpol etc are valid?

it probably depends.

I was in contact with supervisor. Supervisor is a boss who controls few delegations in one region (few huge provinces in my case). No idea are supervisors really involved in every each case, I doubt and the one I was in contact with told me no. I personally reached supervisor as I was bugging DNM a lot (like A LOT haha) and that`s why he learned about me and my case.

If one has a resolution that stating he/she is a resident it`s almost the end, congrats. Mine was signed by delegado (head of local delegation). When I looked at full file there was no trace of supervisor at this point, if it is signed- it is done and passed to Renaper. You can request your file from DNM and see everything that was going (thanks bajo for this advice) and you can learn why they asked for supervisor for your case.

After I got the resolution in almost no time I got DNI number and digital DNI, lduring same day or so. Fin:)

We have the termed mixed up. A supervisor is that person you see in the back behind the controlador [the person who scans your documents during the cita]. Oftentimes you will see the controlador speak to the supervisor if they are not sure about something. It is that person who in ALL cases ultimately has to do the final review and issue the disposicion that grants you residency. Everyone's case goes thru one.
You have clearly spoken with someone higher up the chain, not a supervisor.I am sure they have a different name.

Control de Permanencia starts working next week. However, they prefer you do not go in person.
To renew precarias mail them:ECB707ED-614F-4AF9-B505-8AE55D93CCEC.jpeg

Ok just got my prorroga today. It took them 6 business days from cita/interview to process the prorroga. Very fast. Note, the residency was extended for 1 year from the ORIGINAL expiration date in Aug 2020 (so it expires in 8 month from now). Some people around here were claiming the extension was from day of disposition so bear in mind if your residency expired during the lockdown and you are extending it now for another year it will likely get only a few months and have to reapply.

Last edited:
Ok just got my prorroga today. It took them 6 business days from cita/interview to process the prorroga. Very fast. Note, the residency was extended for 1 year from the ORIGINAL expiration date in Aug 2020 (so it expires in 8 month from now). Some people around here were claiming the extension was from day of disposition so bear in mind if your residency expired during the lockdown and you are extending it now for another year it will likely get only a few months and have to reapply.

Do you now pay Argentinian taxes?

Back