Immigraciones opens

What's the current turnaround time for the physical DNI for those extending residencies (for first time residencies it takes longer as RENAPER has to assign a DNI number first)?

Last time around it took 6 months from submitting my documentation in RADEX until the physical DNI was produced.

Last time around it took 6 months from submitting my documentation in RADEX until the physical DNI was produced.
Was this during the cuarentena?
How long after the tramite was RESUELTO (date of renovation of residence)? I am trying to figure out when I'd be able to get a digital DNI. But they can issue the digital only after the physical one has entered "production".

Trip report: to Avenida Antártida to renew my temporary residency.

I arrived by car, there's semi-formal parking before and after the DNM building, so I parked there and walked through the open gates to the door of the building. Outside, on the avenue, there are some kiosks with railings and a turnstile, I guess you're supposed to check in there first, but I just joined the queue outside the door. My appointment was for 10am, I got into the building at about that time, first off you get a shower of disinfectant, then you join another queue to verify your appointment, then (for non-Mercosur plebes like me) you get sent to an adjacent building. It's much quieter than it used to be, much easier to orientate yourself.

Of course, this is Argentina, so the screen where your number should come up was broken, and numbers called out are barely audible. I guess I waited 1.5 hours for my number to come up, and then the procedure took about an hour, first present your documentation, then 30 mins later come back for fingerprinting and a photo session, and 30 mins later again you're done. They don't seem to "resolve" the application right there, I got a number to check for my precaria, and a decision will be taken on the residency sometime "soon". My DNI should be sent to the flat we rented from next month, so for the first time I have hope that I will have a DNI with my correct address.

Then if everything goes well, I can apply for permanent residency in September or so.

I arrived by car, there's semi-formal parking before and after the DNM building, so I parked there and walked through the open gates to the door of the building. Outside, on the avenue, there are some kiosks with railings and a turnstile, I guess you're supposed to check in there first, but I just joined the queue outside the door. My appointment was for 10am, I got into the building at about that time, first off you get a shower of disinfectant, then you join another queue to verify your appointment, then (for non-Mercosur plebes like me) you get sent to an adjacent building. It's much quieter than it used to be, much easier to orientate yourself.

Of course, this is Argentina, so the screen where your number should come up was broken, and numbers called out are barely audible. I guess I waited 1.5 hours for my number to come up, and then the procedure took about an hour, first present your documentation, then 30 mins later come back for fingerprinting and a photo session, and 30 mins later again you're done. They don't seem to "resolve" the application right there, I got a number to check for my precaria, and a decision will be taken on the residency sometime "soon". My DNI should be sent to the flat we rented from next month, so for the first time I have hope that I will have a DNI with my correct address.

Then if everything goes well, I can apply for permanent residency in September or so.
I went through that exact process back on December 17. I still have heard nothing. One lives in hope.

I went through the process on December 17 too. But in 2018. Still waiting. The longest precaria in history.

Ahh, the Immigraciones appointment, the one time in all of this when anything 'happened' or made sense. I had to look back in this thread to see my Immigraciones appointment and processing date, was around 7 October 2020. It's now 4 months later, still waiting for TAT system to legalize the one document which they said was holding up my application, and well, closing the application and getting a new copy of the DNI? Dream on.

It’s highly YMMV. Generally you will get a the case resolved in 6-7 business days. Check your case on February 3. It should be resolved by then. The DNI can take 2 weeks or 2 months to arrive. It’s totally random.

You can renew it on line and by e mail.

Back