Immigrant Press

lamaga

Registered
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Hi,[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Does anyone know a good place to print books in Buenos Aires?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Along with an Englishman living in Spain, I'm organizing a publishing project called Immigrant Press, which will publish translations of Latin American literature in English.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Why run a press from Buenos Aires and Úbeda — an English language publisher run from two non-English speaking countries? That's a good question. The first answer is that we happen to live here, and it's easier to print where we are. The second answer is that there are lots of expats and travelers in those cities who read English. The third is that we want to publish the books we like in small, beautiful artisanal editions. The fourth is that we have access to local writers. The fifth is that we plan to put out translations of classic authors, often ignored by publishers looking for contemporary fiction.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]After we print, we'll distribute our books by mail, in person, and at local English language bookstores.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]http://immigrantpress.org/[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks for any tips about printing![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jessica[/background]

What an interesting project! Have thought about looking into Babelcube?

We're interested in paper books! Thanks for the tip though.

I think you could contact the authors and once the translation is done, you'd take care of the printing and distribution locally. I have analyzed a small sample of the Spanish books available there and 90% is rubbish, but there is sure a 10% where you could find something that appeals your business.
I don't like the business model of the babelcube, in all fairness, but it could be a start.

We have the first authors already lined up (an Argentine and a Colombian) and translations are in the works.
Just looking for a good local printer in Buenos Aires now! Thanks Serafina.

Back