Immigration After Birth Of Child...just Got My Dni Today...

splattermatter

Registered
Oh what a week, month, year....

Ok for all of you curious about the process of getting a DNI as a foreigner with an Argentine child and the nonsense...

This was all done in La Plata

I also moved about 500kg of personal items and crap from the states...so now i know that process too(that's the nonsense part)

With my proper documents(You need an apostilled police report from your country and a valid passport and ALL Argentine birth documents)
you don't your birth certificate
My Passport stamp was expired by 4 months approx at the time(entered the country October 2013)
The day I went to la migra after waiting about 2 weeks for my appointment, they did all the crap...I did have to go to the bank and pay the 500 or so pesos in the middle, I recommend taking a taxi...Then I got back and presented the receipts, after a bit they gave me a "Precaria de tramites"(you can work, have a bank account, get medical attn, etc with this)(it has a QUIM) this lasted 3 months...it expired August 5th....Before it expired I went to immigraciones to ask about the process and they gave me a number(and my DNI number) so I could download the radicacion legal paperwork(the actual judge signed paper) in case there was a problem...

my DNI arrived today...By correo argentino...about a week after my precaria expired.

If you have questions about shipping stuff by sea in a container (they justed changed the process in July and I was the first person in the new system, NIGHTMARE!)or the DNI process having a child, I can give some insight...

The DNI says "extranjero" and has a 15 year expiracion date...Permanent Resident
So that's pretty cool and pretty easy...and actually wasn't a very painful process...

Our stuff is being packed up Friday in Florida for our Sea transfer to Argentina. The company in charge of our transfer doesn't have much insight as to all the new changes, so anything you can offer me information wise would be FANTASTIC. We have a company handling the transfer, but I still want to know what's going on! I've been told to expect 3 months door to door. Please tell me to be more optimistic?

FIRST QUESTION...DO YOU HAVE A QUIT OR QUIL AND DNI?
my stuff(partial container)was shipped from miami on june 12 and arrived july 5. After all the hubbub and going to 5 different meetings and hub bubs(WHICH I CAN FURTHER ELABORATE IN NEXT)...I left PUERTO MADERO with my things following my flete July 29 or so...So if you have DNI it will be easier...are you a perment resident with a permanent DNI?

I'm about to have a child in about a month or so, i would love to hear about the process. I currently have a DNI with temporary residency, i wonder if its completely different process.

noveggies since you have a DNI and i did not...I can't give you insight there...What I can assure you of is that with a child, permanent residence is swift...I waited 3 months to recieve my legal papers and dni with 15 year expiration.

My husband has the Quil so that helped. Our stuff arrived last Friday in my apartment after being tied up with Aduanas only a month... I heard that was pretty good for Argentina. :huh:

The day I went to la migra after waiting about 2 weeks for my appointment, they did all the crap...I did have to go to the bank and pay the 500 or so pesos in the middle, I recommend taking a taxi...Then I got back and presented the receipts, after a bit they gave me a "Precaria de tramites"(you can work, have a bank account, get medical attn, etc with this)(it has a QUIM) this lasted 3 months...it expired August 5th....Before it expired I went to immigraciones to ask about the process and they gave me a number(and my DNI number) so I could download the radicacion legal paperwork(the actual judge signed paper) in case there was a problem...

I see that the acronyms QUIT and QUIL appear in this thread. I'm sure they refer to the CUIT and the CUIL, but I've never seen anything in Argentina referred to as a "QUIM" (even in the forum) before this post.

I see that the acronyms QUIT and QUIL appear in this thread. I'm sure they refer to the CUIT and the CUIL, but I've never seen anything in Argentina referred to as a "QUIM" (even in the forum) before this post.
The CUIM is some number immigration gives you. Format: xx-xxxxxxxx-x. It is printed on the precaria for example.

Back