Importing a car

Hello guys,
I have a Suzuki Vitara 2019 that I bought km 0 in August 2019 for 29 000 USD. The dealer and Insurance company quoted a devaluation of 25%/year for the first 2 years, which means the car value is less than 15 000 USD for them now. However, the car can be sold for about 20 000 USD to other individuals. Also, I believe it can be imported tax free to Argentina as I am a new permanent resident and I have owned the car for more than 2 years now. As I am interested in buying an apartment in Argentina, I saw many sellers taking vehicles as part of payments when buying apartments. Does anyone know the value of such a car in Argentina now? Is Suzuki Vitara popular in Argentina?
Thank you for any information you can share.

Procedures Guide from AFIP to nationalize a Foreign Car

A foreign resident can drive a car in Argentina, with a foreign license plates, for a certain period (90 days?) After that one needs to obtain Argentine plates , Customs request a apayment of 50 ? % of the Blue Book value of the car in the USA to obtain Argentina license Plates.

My Xp was a few years back 2018?

Procedures Guide from AFIP to nationalize a Foreign Car

A foreign resident can drive a car in Argentina, with a foreign license plates, for a certain period (90 days?) After that one needs to obtain Argentine plates , Customs request a apayment of 50 ? % of the Blue Book value of the car in the USA to obtain Argentina license Plates.

My Xp was a few years back 2018?
Thank you. I just realized it might be easier to just buy a cheap local car there, and drive 20 miles/hour to avoid getting killed in an accident. I am not sure these cars are safe.

if you want to check crash ratings. you might prefer to just stay willfully ignorant, most of what you see driving around here is not very safe.

Back