Importing art and/or medication into Argentina

TomAtAlki

Registered
Has anyone imported via mail or fedex art work or medications from the US? Did it make it? Any duty on art or meds?

thanks T/

Importing any medication is very difficult. I haven’t tried, but have stood in line behind someone who was trying to get her vitamins. Before you try you should get a step by step instruction from aduana. Even then, who knows. Hopefully someone with actual experience can weigh in on the matter.

Coworker tried to get an american prescription sent from the states and none of the carriers here would touch it. I forget how he finally got it but it was an ordeal involving the dreaded escribeanas and took a couple months.

Interesting. Where is the medication in Argentina manufactured? Where does the medicine you get from the US come from?

A couple of years ago my neighbor sent me a medication I had left behind. She flattened the box and mailed it in one of those cushioned Post Office envelopes. Was dropped in my mailbox by the regular carrier.

Interesting. Where is the medication in Argentina manufactured? Where does the medicine you get from the US come from?

I suppose it kinda like buying antibiotics here vs in the US. Here you can buy them over the counter. In the US you need a prescription. That particular drug just might have been approved by the argentina FDA equivalent. If I recall it was an antidepressant.

Back