Importing Electronic Items Through The Mail

Maybe I'm wrong... but when aduana opens it up and sees 40 of the same thing, that's no longer ordering something for yourself but rather a clear sign of intention to resell. One may get through - but forty? I doubt it. Plus anything electronic is going to get extra scrutinized.

I wouldn't do it.... although I'm curious to see if it gets through. :p Then again, it's not my investment. :D

http://baexpats.org/topic/29249-international-post/

http://baexpats.org/topic/30461-inernational-post-vol-2-part-13/

You might be better off finding a company who is already importing products in the same genre - for example flow meters or something. And see if you can piggyback with them. I spoke to someone the other day who is involved with the petroleum industry here. He said they can't get the minimum equipment like valves and rigs into the country to do basic exploration. And they have a lot of money behind them.

Good luck.

Not to dampen your spirits mate, but I had a pair of sunglasses sent to me as a gift, value US$10, in January and picked them up at Ezeiza in June, where I had to pay to have them released.
Knowing someone who currently imports from China would be your best bet and see if you can come to some arrangement with them.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. So if I were to buy the testers from a manufacturer in Chile, would I still need to be a registered importer? I understand still needing to pay the 50% parasite tax, but is there anything else I should budget for?

Bribes.

I really do recommend talking to a despachante de aduana, there may be a categories which you can stay under, i.e. as a monotributista you might not need to register.

It might be wise to register as monotributista, then register with Aduana. As a Monotributista this defines limits of income to which tax applies. Possibly there are some import advantages, I'm guessing there.

Again, this all relies on you being legal. If you're not, and you're permatouristing....you're in the lap of the gods as to whether it arrives or not. I would bet against.

I am a permanent resident. I have DNI. CUIL is another issue. I had one, but my previous business never made a centavo, so I did not pay the monthly obligation. I'm sure I will have to straighten this situation out. I will talk to an Aduanero to explore my possibilities in this regard.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. So if I were to buy the testers from a manufacturer in Chile, would I still need to be a registered importer? I understand still needing to pay the 50% parasite tax, but is there anything else I should budget for?

You have also to pay a despachante de aduanas. So, talk with a despachante de aduanas .

How about just paying an air freight forwarder who bribes Aduana to get anything through with out duties or paper work ? Sure it is expensive , but why bother with doing it legally when every body here is on the take anyway ? If you are going to do business in Argentina , you have to learn how it is done. With cold hard cash.........

Back