Importing Money

Considering that you can get Dollars out of ATMs in Paraguay, like Uruguay, I'd think you should be able to get dollars no problem in Uruguay at WU.

How much USD can you take from ATM'S IN Uruguay per day.... anyone ?

300 USD per extraction, up to the limit of your card

I use a business called Argenper. I put money into a bank account and then pick it up at one of their sedes. They do not give the blue rate, but I think give a rate slightly lower (possibly contado con liqui?), along with a 4% fee. It's relatively painless. However, I did have to sign a declaracion jurada once a year. I also never transfer more than $1500 at once just because they seem super disorganized and I am afraid someday they will lose my money, which hasn't happened in the last year and a half of using their service. They have sedes all over the city.

I use Azimo, whom use Argenper as their agent in Argentina. I'm thinking of cutting-out Azimo and directly sending money to Argenper from my UK bank to see if it is cheaper.

Any ideas on if/how this would work?

$10,000 USD leaving or entering the US must be reported; if in cash, on your person you declare it to Customs both leaving or entering. Bank transferes in excess of $10K are automatically reported to the government by your bank. I am a retired CBP Officer; you'd be amazed how much money CBP seizes at the border (and airports) daily. The tragedy of it - if you declare it you don't forfeit it and you are not required to tell CBP what the money is for!

I assume entering Argentina its the same.

Id love to know a good person to trade dollars with in La Plata!

Back