In BA for the weekend

tomdesigns

Registered
It's been a while since I have been here but I do see some changes.

The poorville near the bus stations has grown and is getting worse.
More freaks in centro! wow!
The locals have become more nervous and it is obvious.

Example... crossing the blvd near the obelisk. A group of obviously drugged out thugs screaming profanities and intimidating those crossing by.. the locals all started getting nervous and then like nervous sheep started herding together all worried and scared. God I would have loved transport those loud mouths putas into East LA in a snap and seen the result. Oh well..

In my opinion their are some serious social issues coming to a head here..

I've been living here for short periods of time every since 2008, and I don't see any different degree of nervousness than before.

bradlyhale said:
I've been living here for short periods of time every since 2008, and I don't see any different degree of nervousness than before.

To me it was most obvious in the Sub Ways.. But I have not been here for two years. before that I was here several times in the span of two years going between here and the US. Including several extended stays and I never saw drug zombies going off on locals in centro and freaking out the locals like I have seen yesterday and today.

But I am in the centro... and I always have stayed only in centro.. I do not venture out into the rest of city. Every other time I have been in centro I have never seen anything like what I have seen in the last two days. On the subways or in the streets..

Perhaps its just the wrong place wrong time but when you see 5 or 6 twenty something years olds on another planet freaking on everyday citizens one block from the obolisk. And then watch a crowd of over 50 people waiting for the light the change get obviously nervous and start crowding together away from the freaks. Well that is an eye opener... and a bit freaky to say the least. :eek:

Back