In Buenos Aires Now Enjoying The Lovely Weather :)

Let them call the police; they can't legally charge the blue rate if they are an Argentine company/ paying taxes here and not selling you anything that will send you abroad....

They can legally demand payment in foreign currency since you are here as a tourist (no one does, but there was an edict to this effect from the central bank when fabregas (no, not that one!) was in charge last year.

That must be at the exchange rate.

Tell them what they are asking you to do, pay in dollars (you are not a US citizen) and at an illegal exchange rate is enough to cause them serious legal problems. If a bank offered you this exchange rate for example (14 to 1) they could lose their license to trade in the country.

Refuse, tell them you'll pay with your UK credit card (try not to) or in pesos at the official rate.

They asked for payment yesterday and tries to charge me the high rate, i argues with them a little and said I am not paying that, I have the correct amount of pesos and no money in the bank...after she asked if I had a card. I said I understand all about the dollar blue and en negro etc and said i wont pay it, she then backed down and charged me the normal rate which was 1300 pesos or so less. The young girls on the reception are nice and they must feel bad having to do this, but I said to them don't worry I know it's not your fault but the jefe...boss. to reassure them I was not upset with them...I am nice you see :)
I said I know what goes on after all this is Argentina and she smiled and nodded lol
Well all is settled now and today I have a new post just posted about sellers in fast food restuarants if you want to go read it...always something with me..never an easy life lol

Back