In Buenos Aires Now Enjoying The Lovely Weather :)

BAPaul

Registered
I'm in Buenos Aires now enjoying this amazing weather...well compared to the UK. Been here 2 weeks and got one more to go. my fourth time here and still learning about this great city :)
People always look at me strange when I walk the streets...is it because I am a fair skinned Gringo? lol or maybe they think I am someone famous lol.
I hope to move here next year to be with my girl who lives here, she is working today unfortunately but I will leave soon and enjoy the day walking here there and everywhere.
Starting to research all the food prices and cost of living etc :) anyway why do these china shops put the extra 5 on the bill? they say something to me but I don't speak great Spanish yet so it goes over my head, but I nod and agree. I think I have to return the bottle right?
Another thing...why don't they pass a law that stops peoples dogs s**ting on the pavement? they can fine them or something and ask people to take a photo if they see someone committing this crime. I am sure if people know they can get a fine and people will film them, they then will pick it up...not stood in any yet this vacation touch wood lol.
Well I will stop babbling on....off out now to enjoy the day and try to get by with my little Spanish...phrasebook in hand :)
Adios amigos

Welcome back!

The 5 cent stuff.... I think it is about the law about rounding price to the closer 5-cents. It is everywhere, not just the chinos. But I think it should be to your favor, not theirs!

The bottles... only some of the bottles made of glass (ENVASE RETORNABLE), you return them to the store, they give you a coupon for your next purchase of bottles (you gotta keep buying bottles). Also, please note that here they can't sell alcohol before 10 AM or after 9 PM. Anyway you are not obliged to return them.

Dogs' poo... sure there is a law, it is just not enforced. Like many others. People know they should be fined but they won't... so why bother. Plus there are many stray dogs here, and you cannot control where they pee/poo. People filming other people and their dog poo, are people who want to have their camera stolen or some broken ribs.

Enjoy your staying!

In the city alcohol is sold 24hs thats just in the province but after the grocery stores close it is expensive to buy at kioskos, haven't seen very many stray dogs in any neighborhoods that I ever been to before in CABA and BAPaul enjoy the "nice" weather until it gets really humid and you realize you may not have ac as well as half the businesses and busses

That's weird. I am tall and blonde and clearly a foreigner, and yet no one looks at me funny. That's happened to me in other countries, but not here.

In the UK it would be seen as provocative or rudely intrusive to look and stare. Here it's normal.

Dog poo situation is getting better, you'll notice way more people bagging up their pooches afters. I always do and have in the small park i take my dog the majority of owners do. Not sure about the dogwalkers, not sure they are always as conscientious.

There are many laws here that aren't enforced.Get used to the dog crap and trash in the streets despite the availability of doggie doo bags in the parks and recycle Ciudad Verde bins everywhere. Try to see the positive side of the city and ignore the bad qualities.

Aww I love this newbie posted it has the aroma of untarnished innocence, not yet corrupted by the rough city life... hopefully he doesn't read too much of our musings....

In the city alcohol is sold 24hs thats just in the province but after the grocery stores close it is expensive to buy at kioskos, haven't seen very many stray dogs in any neighborhoods that I ever been to before in CABA and BAPaul enjoy the "nice" weather until it gets really humid and you realize you may not have ac as well as half the businesses and busses

Talking about another advantage of living just outside Capital Federal!

That's weird. I am tall and blonde and clearly a foreigner, and yet no one looks at me funny. That's happened to me in other countries, but not here.
it depends a lot on the way you dress.

Back