In & Out of "Migracion" in 30 minutes

I did not want to go to Colonia again and so I went to the Migraciones building today. First of all, the Guia T is not correct. The building is about 7 blocks west of where it should be according to the Guia T.
Well by the time I got to the building it was about 11:10am and I had to be somewhere at 12:00pm. I didn't think that I would have time to take of anything, but I just wanted to check out the mob scene.
I was looking for a 90 day Tourist visa extention. I didn't see that anywhere, so I grabbed the first "Take A Number" that I came across. I soon walked up to someone who told me (in Spanish) that I needed to go around the row of windows to the room next door.
I walked around the row of people helping people (you pass around on the right side, then walk left) and walked up to a lady at a table giving out pieces of paper with numbers on them. Instead of printing a number for you when you tell them what you need, they just print up a bunch and then try to figure stuff out. The lady told me to walk to the far side of the big room and talk to somebody (again in Spanish).
I walked over to some 20-somethings sitting next to each other behind computers but with no one to help. I started butchering Spanish to one girl and she had the guy next to me help me. I asked him what time they opened in the morning tomorrow (Friday), because I had to meet someone at 12:00pm and I would have to leave.
He saw that I had my passport and the AR$100 required for the visa renewal so he said "Come with me". We walked back across the room and he talked to a lady. Then he told me "Wait 5 minutes" (in English). I mentioned that I didn't have copies of my passport (it turns out that you need a copy of EVERY PAGE of your passport), so he took it from me and said "Wait 5 minutes" (again in English).
I waited and the guy came back with a stapled group of ~11 pages of paper that contained all of the pages in my passport. He didn't charge me a dime. Then he walked away.
I sat down in front of a lady who typed some things into the computer. She then gave me a printed form and pointed diagonally across the room to some "CAJAS" where I had to go pay my AR$100. I did.
I came back and gave the lady my receipt and other paperwork. She put it with my passport and copies and placed it on the desk behind her. That lady took 3 minutes to get to it and I was done. Passport, with new stamp, back in my hand and I was out the door at about 11:39am. Que Barbaro!
Sometimes things don't take forever in this town!

You're a lucky duck! The day I went they had a protest and all the people working in the particular area where I was waiting (where you go to renew the 90 day visa) went home!

We have done this several times but we never had to have EVERY page of our passport photocopied. Just the face shot page and the most current Visa stamp page to show the date.Lee