Migraciones tramites by proxy?

Makrito

Registered
Hi expats, quick question for you if anybody has any info-
I have one document missing for my Arg permanent residency and I need to leave the country for a few months and therefore won't be able to submit it physically (they've "intimated" me to submit within a 90 day period), is it possible to send someone in my stead with a power of attorney? / or an immigration lawyer?

Thanks and best,
M

When my wife and I did our PR, we were able to submit anything Migraciones needed, after the initial turno, by uploading PDF copies on their website.

thanks! ... in my case they've already summoned me once after that point, they always want the originals it would seem :(
specifically it's my apostilled foreign background check that is outstanding, the rest is done

Yeah, that one might be a bit tougher... I had my apostilled+translated background check in-hand, and my wife is Brazilian, so when they asked for a new background check for her, we were able to use the exception that allows Brazilian docs to be submitted without an apostille or translation.

If you submit papers while you are abroad, your tramite is going to be rejected. Normally they give you more than one intimation.

Bajo_cero2, thanks -
is it illegit to send documentation while abroad, I mean is that a rule?
Also, how would they know, do they check entradas and salidas as part of their regular procedure?

I am in contact with a lawyer who says it is possible to submit documents by proxy

I will let y'all know how it goes

Bajo_cero2, thanks -
is it illegit to send documentation while abroad, I mean is that a rule?
Also, how would they know, do they check entradas and salidas as part of their regular procedure?
Legal residency is serfdom. At serfdom you are not allowed to leave without permition. Of course they do.

Noted. Thank you
Does anybody know: If I leave the country and come back in 6 months, will the almost-finished residency still be there waiting for me or do I have to start from scratch?
This information does not appear to be available on the website. I've got a 90-day "intimacion" to provide the last document...

Noted. Thank you
Does anybody know: If I leave the country and come back in 6 months, will the almost-finished residency still be there waiting for me or do I have to start from scratch?
This information does not appear to be available on the website. I've got a 90-day "intimacion" to provide the last document...
I would only trust a lawyer to answer this question. You can also give your lawyer a power of attorney via an online meeting with a notary public. Your lawyer should be able to connect you with a notary public. Then you can mail the documents to your lawyer and he or she can turn in the originals on your behalf. If you need a lawyer recommendation with reasonable rates, let me know.

Back