In The Deep South (America) There Are Tomatoes And There Are

here in Mexico I saw them yesterday (and theres also green tomatoes too). If Im not wrong, they are from Asia, from Japan or China, and they have a name, something with Kumito, or something with K.

here in Mexico I saw them yesterday (and theres also green tomatoes too). If Im not wrong, they are from Asia, from Japan or China, and they have a name, something with Kumito, or something with K.

Kumato or something you can see it on the sticker in my picture. Which really begs the question, how did coto decide to name them that way.

Geez, they're cracking up at one of the commonly misused or misunderstood words here that cause offense elsewhere. They are not laughing at horrific acts by a$$holes who shouldn't be using guns if they can't think first. Come on, people. No one is calling anyone anything nor is anyone laughing at anyone calling anyone anything (lol, almost lost track of my thought for all the words with any-)

We do a pretty good job downhere at keeping a straight face when some lady from Mexico or Spain tells us her name is'' Conchita'' , kinda the same thing no?? :)

I was waiting with my wife one time at the gynecologist office here. Imagine us trying to keep a straight face when the doctor came out loudly calling the name of the next patient "CONCHA??". I couldn't help asking my wife wouldn't it be funny if all the women in the room just got up and started walking toward the exam room.

Doesn't really matter as English is not this country's language, nobody feels offended, just you.
Nigger isn't a spanish word either as far as I know and is an extremely odd choice for labeling tomatoes which I've seen in many other places labeled as tomates morados considering that the offensive nature of that word is known far beyond the English speaking world.

Nigger isn't a spanish word either as far as I know and is an extremely odd choice for labeling tomatoes

It's not, but the English term comes from the Spanish (or Portuguese), kinda like coco for coconut

They do taste better don't they?

Sorry, I wasn't able to post this image from my mobile yesterday. It was taken from the magazine of La Nacion, from an article about a Brazilian living in Paraguay who launched a plus size model agency.

1vxPpkA.jpg

Back