In The Deep South (America) There Are Tomatoes And There Are

LOL thanks for that!
Nigger tomatoes. :rolleyes:
2zh3ako.jpg

WTF coto? Where did this come from.
That's terrible !!! Very offensive.

Nigger means nothing in Spanish, and no, it is not offensive here at all, just like negro isn't, I can understand it gets your attention being an English speaker. I can assure you that outside of the city of BsAs, nobody has a clue about English offensive terms, such as this one, or f**k, etc.

Um.. I'm not sure I agree with that. Negro IS a pretty offensive term here too - how often do you here "negro de mierda", etc. If it's not a good friend calling you negro, it's most often meant in an insulting way. Which is pretty much inexcusable to me.

Usually I just chalk things up to cultural differences but I have to say, in this day and age, there is no excuse to use language like that. And for a major retailer to use it - just wow. There are no words.

Um.. I'm not sure I agree with that. Negro IS a pretty offensive term here too - how often do you here "negro de mierda", etc. If it's not a good friend calling you negro, it's most often meant in an insulting way. Which is pretty much inexcusable to me.

Usually I just chalk things up to cultural differences but I have to say, in this day and age, there is no excuse to use language like that. And for a major retailer to use it - just wow. There are no words.
nigger is not a word people would underestand in spanish same as faggot and bimbo.

nigger is not a word people would understand in spanish same as faggot and bimbo.

In Italian "bimbo" means "child" or "baby". I agree that they have no idea about the words they are using.
In Italy I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt with in giant letter "Hijo de puta" and on the back "De puta madre". Clearly, he had NO IDEA whatsoever of what that meant.

nigger is not a word people would underestand in spanish same as faggot and bimbo.

I have heard it used more than once by people referring to someone with dark skin. It was used interchangeably with negro. And not only have I heard it on the street, I've heard it used in professional settings. :eek: By both Argentines and Brasilians. So personally, I don't agree people wouldn't understand it.

And we're not talking bout people - we're talking about a corporation using it. Which is beyond egregious.

In Italy I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt with in giant letter "Hijo de puta" and on the back "De puta madre". Clearly, he had NO IDEA whatsoever of what that meant.

I once saw a video (which, of course, I cannot find now) of a guy in Argentina asking people what the English slogans and words on their t-shirts meant. Was very funny - most were utterly clueless.

Is this the same thing sold under the name kumatos by Trader Joe's in the US?

The word nigger is used in a friendly / funny way among African Americans in the US as well. Also, I referred to the word Negro, not the adjective (...) I for one do not feel that any local company should spend a minute thinking about offensive words in a foreign language, from a market they do not even participate into. I have never ever in 40 years heard an Argentine say the word Nigger while speaking in Spanish ( except for maybe some teenager while watching a movie repeating foreign insults )

Back