Increase in petty crime

That's actually pretty shocking - esp given how few robberies/crimes are reported. Wow!

I haven´t even had the slightest of pickpocket happen. I take the train full of people daily from Vicente Lopez to Retiro then the Subte C to Avenida de Mayo. I don´t know perhaps I look like a villero?

Nevertheless, I wouldn´t recommend anybody taking out there iphone, smart phone and tablets like I see people doing. Just putting a target sign on your head.

GeorgeAus said:
I haven´t even had the slightest of pickpocket happen. I take the train full of people daily from Vicente Lopez to Retiro then the Subte C to Avenida de Mayo. I don´t know perhaps I look like a villero?

Nevertheless, I wouldn´t recommend anybody taking out there iphone, smart phone and tablets like I see people doing. Just putting a target sign on your head.

I'm definitely a lot more careful about using my phone here than I would in the first world but it is not 2008 anymore when you barely saw a blackberry on the subte. It seems like everyone and their cousin is smart phone equipped and half the ads in the subte have QR codes on them. If using your smartphone puts a target on you, then everyday that target is getting smaller and smaller.

arlean said:
I hope you guys who don't like the crime threads will just move on and don't read it. Just read what interests you. People who are planning to come here need to hear it--over and over and over.

Perhaps I should have been clearer. Its not like that I dont like the topic of crime threads, I absolutely think its relevant and should be a hot topic on this forum.

My opinion is only that recently, some people like to derail the threads with comparisons attacking the USA such as "well in Orlando, this happened...in Chicago this happened...USA is not safe etc etc etc". That is what I was referring to ;)

I guess I was just pre-empting those people that like to turn it to the USA!

trennod said:
Perhaps I should have been clearer. Its not like that I dont like the topic of crime threads, I absolutely think its relevant and should be a hot topic on this forum.

My opinion is only that recently, some people like to derail the threads with comparisons attacking the USA such as "well in Orlando, this happened...in Chicago this happened...USA is not safe etc etc etc". That is what I was referring to ;)

I guess I was just pre-empting those people that like to turn it to the USA!

Well.... in Mexico there are lots of drug lords fighting it out! :D

Back