Indian In Buenos Aires

I had an amazing (and reasonably priced) chicken at El Sanjuanino, Posadas street in Recoleta. Some Indian restaurants (look up the addresses Guia Oleo): Tandoor, Mumbai, Taj Mahal, Bengal, Bangalore, Delhi Mahal.

mellowshipslinky said:
There's an Indian restaurant I walk past every day, corner of Charcas and Laprida (Subte Aguerro or maybe Pueyrredon)

Have never been so can't say what it's like, but it looks very clean and modern.

Tandoor is the best Indian I've tasted in BsAs - http://www.tandoor.com.ar/carta.htm- but prices are wayyyyy to high and quality sometimes varies. I used to get it often enough but then there were two misses were it wasn't worth paying the price as the quality isn't always up to standard so I stopped eating there.

lucha54 said:
I had an amazing (and reasonably priced) chicken at El Sanjuanino, Posadas street in Recoleta.

Last time I went there, in May, empanadas where $9, anywhere else are around $5. Didn't pay attention to the rest of the menu... maybe I should have.

I stand corrected, welcome to Cristina's Feudal Kingdom (CFK).:eek:

holygrail007.jpg

Help, I'm being oppresed!

Iznogud said:
Last time I went there, in May, empanadas where $9, anywhere else are around $5. Didn't pay attention to the rest of the menu... maybe I should have.

Yeah I found that annoying; it was in general overpriced, but my friend got a pricey steak and I thought the quality was to match. And considering how good (and big) this chicken ("pollo pechuga") was, at 30 pesos, it was a great deal!! I tried 1 empanada, the house one that is frita; it came with salsa picante and it was big and good too... at La Cocina they are delicious but 8p for half the size. We are talking about the 'boutique' empanada places, mind you!

Which "Cocina"? The one on Pueyrredon or those at Galería Boston?
Haven't returned there in ages...

redeemer said:
thanks guys, let me start on these lines now :) ... as of now is trying out with 'Pollo',
I am staying in a place called Callao-suites, in the intersection of callao & santa-fe avenues.

Bajo_cero2 said:
Suprema means chicken breast, usually fried. Normally they usually offer it grilled or in salads. Good luck!
Suprema often has the wing bone attached as well. I used to think that this was strange, but then I realized that that's the way it's connected on the chicken, so they often leave it connected.

Iznogud said:
To go to Chinatown, first go to Retiro's first station, buy round trip to Belgrano and take the trains that go to Victoria/Tigre. Your stop is the second one. Get off the train, keep walking in the same direction till the end of the station, cross tracks and you're there.

I posted it on another thread, so I'll post it here as well.

DO NOT GO TO RETIRO!

Instead, walk 3 blocks over to Av. Cordoba. Get on the Subte D towards "Congreso de Tucaman". (The other direction is "Catedral", and you don't want that.)

Remember, the Subte's "run on the left here because the British built the trains, trams, & first few subway lines. So you'll have to cross Cordoba before going down underground.

Then just take the Subte to Juramento. Get off and walk down hill on Juramento about 5 blocks. You pass a little park and then a bigger park right as you get to the train tracks. Cross them and turn left.

Taking the train from Retiro will save you a peso or two on that ticket, but you'll have to take a bus down to Retiro, so you lose a bit there. And Retiro is fairly scummy, so there's that as well.

The walk down Juramento beats the walk around Retiro 7 days a week. Plus, you get to see a different neighborhood (Belgrano).

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Línea_D_(Subte_de_Buenos_Aires)

redeemer said:
thanks a lot for the suggestions!!
any more Indians here??

Yes I'm Indian. PM me for more info but people have pretty much told you all that I would have said. You'll find yourself cooking at home more because the food is so different.

Back