Indoor smoking ban now in full effect

Cafe Tortoni turned their billiards area into their smoking section by enclosing that area in late 2006 (I assume), but now even that room will be off limits. I wonder if they will open it back up to billiards, or if they will just keep it as an area that can be reserved for large groups.

Either way, I'm a huge fan of no smoking... but actually, on a tour on Wednesday, my first two taxistas smoked while driving. And neither asked if we minded. (The first one was a supreme asshole from the get-go, so I think he did it just to fuck with us for me asking to sit in the front.) The second, was just going to relax from Recoleta to La Boca whether we minded or not. Nice enough taxista, but still smoked in the taxi without asking.

:-S

That's completely illegal. You should politely ask them not to smoke and if they don't stop. If he doesn't , tell him he's breaking the law and you will report him. It's against public health what they are doing, it's not a minor thing.

Napoleon said:
my first two taxistas smoked while driving. And neither asked if we minded. (The first one was a supreme asshole from the get-go, so I think he did it just to fuck with us for me asking to sit in the front.) The second, was just going to relax from Recoleta to La Boca whether we minded or not. Nice enough taxista, but still smoked in the taxi without asking.

:-S

Maybe now if the Alamo bar obeys the law, cleans up its kitchen and food delivery act, teaches bartenders and waitstaff some hygiene (avoid touching money, then ice in drinks, lips of glasses and pitchers) and limits unnecessary loud music by constant channel switching bartenders, it might, just might, be a place one could patronize.

Speaking of food hygiene...

We went to a small mom-and-pop ice cream store in our neighborhood recently. When sampling some of the flavors, the guy would take the spoon we just licked from and get the next flavor with that same spoon.

sinagua980 said:
Speaking of food hygiene...

We went to a small mom-and-pop ice cream store in our neighborhood recently. When sampling some of the flavors, the guy would take the spoon we just licked from and get the next flavor with that same spoon.

WOW!

Hello Herpes!!

:eek:

But I assume you can still smoke if the cafe has seats outside; at least that seems to be the case in Provincia de BsAs.

elclandestino said:
Colombia seems a million cleaner

Are you saying that Colombia has 1 million maids?

Or are you trying to say something else?

Back